FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hotel Booked
Invitation done via hotel and received online
Travel insurance runs out in May so renewing that
Visa application mostly completed online but will take a few days to put together list of countries visited since 2007.

My annual travel insurance is up for renewal start of May who uses What? I'm looking for annual worldwide and over 125cc motorcycle!!

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
You don't ned to worry about listing all countries. I had the same problem so I rang the embassy for advice.
They said simply to limit the list to trips that correspond to stamps in your passport.
This rules out all the thousands of visits within EU / Schengen.......thank goodness.
Also, assuming that you are applying on-line; the form only has space for 30 'trips.' If the number of stamps in your passport exceeds this, then simply list the rest on a separate sheet of paper......you have to take the form in to an agent anyway to submit your biometrics (fingerprints.)

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok, stupid question time.
I downloaded the OSM generic maps per Bob's recommendation.
I have successfully imported them into BaseCamp and they appear in my "Maps" drop-down list.
How do I get them onto my actual Nav unit ?
Plug you satnav into your computer
Unzip the zip file
Copy the resulting img file into the maps folder of your device

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You don't ned to worry about listing all countries. I had the same problem so I rang the embassy for advice.
They said simply to limit the list to trips that correspond to stamps in your passport.
This rules out all the thousands of visits within EU / Schengen.......thank goodness.
Also, assuming that you are applying on-line; the form only has space for 30 'trips.' If the number of stamps in your passport exceeds this, then simply list the rest on a separate sheet of paper......you have to take the form in to an agent anyway to submit your biometrics (fingerprints.)
Thanks Jaybee.
I have a new passport so no stamps. I'll take a look through the old one or it will seem dodgy

orestesdjc

Premier Member
Hotel Booked
Invitation done via hotel and received online
Travel insurance runs out in May so renewing that
Visa application mostly completed online but will take a few days to put together list of countries visited since 2007.

My annual travel insurance is up for renewal start of May who uses What? I'm looking for annual worldwide and over 125cc motorcycle!!
I use the post office policy. It's good for up to 1600cc iirc. Of course there are other restrictions such as motorcycle events & rallies. I have yet to come across a policy that covers all eventualties so you have to make your own assements on the risks involved.

Flipje

Europe wide traveler
IBA Member
Got EM conf of reservation from Hotel Lucia.
All paperwork looking under control, now have to establish a budget in roubles for the cash
See you there,
PHP

Mikehi

Hotel Cosmos booked for June 1st and 2nd so please add me to the list.

Bob, I am interested in joining whatever group ride there is if I can fit in with it - for the Russia part at least. As and when details are clearer on this in terms of when and where for link up, please let me know.
thanks,
Mike

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok as mentioned before.
I will be coming down on Monday from the IBA Rally (no point going home then coming back down the next day ) so due to having plenty of time i have planned to stay at the following
on my way up to the Latvia/ Russia border.

Monday 29th Hanover Germany. (Hotel not yet sorted )

Tuesday 30th.Suwalki . Hotel Szysko Poland ul. Innowacyjna 3
16-400 Suwałki

Wednesday 31st Ludza in Latvia. 23 mile from border crossing but nearest i could find. Hotel Lucia Kr. Barona iela 20-1
Ludza
LV-5701
Latvia

All hotels on Booking.com.

Our hotel in Russia is for Thursday night so this will give me two days of 620 , 670, and an even easier day on Wednesday of 300 miles,
Anyone wanting to join up please keep in mind the Latvian hotel is a small one with only 9 rooms so you will need to book early. You are most welcome to join up or i will see you at the border or in Russia.
This should be a great trip !.
До́брое бра́тство -- лу́чшее бога́тство.

Last edited:

Mikehi

Thanks Jon - I have booked the Latvia hotel for the 31st. Not yet sure if I can leave Bristol Monday evening or Tuesday am so leaving the rest for now

jaybee

Premier Member
Latvia hotel also booked for the 31st.
Like Mike, I'm not sure if I can get away on the Monday so i'll let you know about the others.

jaybee

Premier Member
Hot news - turns out that my wife is going to see her Aunt in Portugal that weekend so I can now get away on 29th.
I will book Suwalki and wait to hear about Hannover.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I now have an International Driving Permit and am booked into Suwalki on 30th and Ludza on 31st.

The ride to Poland looks a bit like a SaddleSore to me.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
So this is my hotel for the Mon 29th outside of Hanover Germany.
Again anyone interested might want to book quick due to low price and availability

Hotel Schaumburger Ritter

Burgstrasse 2-4, 31737 Schaumburg, Germany Early booking price 65.00

jaybee

Premier Member
Yup - you are right. Should have looked it up myself.
Off to the Post Office tomorrow then.

Oh and Hotel Schaumburger booked.