2017 IBR as a spectator

Philmor

Premier Member
I understand Ian McPhee was due in today and Olly Moon who suffered some motorcycle problems down at St Louis, MO is hoping to touch down in Minneapolis overnight Friday/Saturday.

Martin Little dropped by for a quick chat after being out for an early morning ride along the Mississippi River.

I believe this bike may belong to an Ex-pat Aussie, Peter Green, who I understand is riding as a Pillion in the IBR with Paul Tong on Paul’s Goldwing.

Cheers

HACKLE

Your our eyes and ears on the ground Phil and Joy. Keep the photos coming, and enjoy your fact finding/sorry holiday.

Philmor

Premier Member
Butt Lite VIII winner, Troy Martin, having some fun protecting his Triumph from sabotage by this Aussie supporter.

IBR motorcycles resting peacefully in the early morning – waiting for Olaf Moon’s GS to join them.

Olaf Moon, happy to finally arrive at the IBR hotel in Minneapolis at 5am local time after an overnight ride from St Louis, MO. Olly was delayed for 2 days with an ECU failure. All is good now with Olly saying his bike is running “the best it has since new”. After some sleep Olly will be ready to rally.

Olaf’s GS with cases removed settled into the parking lot.

Cuddles

IBR Finisher
Thanks Phil and best of luck to all our riders over there. Makes me smile with great memories from times I had over there. I hope you all make it to the finish with big smiles as well.
Cheers
Shane and Annette

Philmor

Premier Member
We were pleased to see Aussie legend LD rider, Margaret Peart back for her third IBR attempt.

TableDrain, sometimes known as Ian McPhee, was looking ready and relaxed for his third IBR.

Paul Tong (L) and Ex-Pat Aussie Peter Green (R) who will ride two-up on Paul’s Gold Wing.

This paring is attracting a lot of interest. Peter still sounds like a fair dinkum Aussie despite his 10+ years living in the USA.

Steve Diederich from Southern California with a cool looking Martin Little.

Steve did a massive 250CCCCCC over 10 days in early 2016 – 5 consecutive 50cc’s totalling over 12,300 miles.
He now lines up as a rookie in the 2017 IBR on his Gold Wing.

There is even a Bergman 400 scooter lining up this year.

Dylan Spink, the youngest rider in the field will be on his very nice looking 1977 GL1000 Goldwing. Dylan was not even born when the bike was built.

Justin Long from Olympia, WA up in the Pacific North West is in his first IBR on his FJR.
Justin’s will be known to a lot of LD riders from his Long Riders Radio podcasts. He appreciates the support he receives from Australian listeners.
The young looking Justin is pictured here with some old looking Aussie.

of all the early photos i've seen .... but i have not seen an airhead. we understand/ read ?? that there are airheads present [ being in the heart of team strange] . what can be said about the riders and machines?

jim 54715

Kiwi heading off on leg 3. He's in the zone, in the scoring range to finish providing he doesn't do anything stupid in the next 5 days and relatively well rested.
(I'm only a LOT biased)
Olly in the background made it back last night but is now out due to technical difficulties with his steed. No news on Margaret P. Ian made it back last night safely :) but I don't know how he's doing. And Greenie was smoking his cigar in the parking lot when I saw him - he's having a ball and he and Paul T are doing well into the bargain!

Attachments

Skidoo

Premier Member
Thanks for the fantastic pics and overview Phil. Awesome shots and info mate!

Looks like the Ozzies are making themselves at home and having an absolute ball!!! It was real bad luck about Olly.