2017 IBR Hotel Location

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Has the location of the hotel that will be used for the departure & end of the 2017 IBR in the Minneapolis been made public yet ?

And if so, which hotel ??

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Has the location of the hotel that will be used for the departure & end of the 2017 IBR in the Minneapolis been made public yet ?

And if so, which hotel ??
No. Not even the riders know yet. It is typically announced just a a few months before the event, so it will be quite a while before it is known.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Thanks, IRA.

BTW, When I heard Ishii will be in the Hopeless Class on his Burgman 400, I just had to plan a pre-approved SS1K for next year for Riders that would like to observe the Riders riding in on Friday morning. The ride would start at several locations in Michigan and Indiana.

I want to be the first to welcome Ishii back in.

Last edited:
Thanks, IRA.

BTW, When I heard Ishii will be in the Hopeless Class on his Burgman 400, I just had to plan a pre-approved SS1K for next year for Riders that would like to observe the Riders riding in on Friday morning. The ride would start at several locations in Michigan and Indiana.

I want to be the first to welcome Ishii back in.
I would be interested in this for sure. Will stay tuned.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I would be interested in this for sure. Will stay tuned.
I should have the ride listed on the IBA Calendar by late spring . We would start Wednesday morning. We would then have Thursday to rest before rising early Friday morning. Most Riders usually return between 5:00 am and 10:00 am on Friday.

Looks like there will be several starting locations : Kalamazoo, MI ; Marshall, MI ; Auburn, IN ; Milwaukee, WI ; and Hamel, MO ( just north of St. Louis ). All Riders would meet in Morris, IL around 10:00 am local time and then complete the ride.

I emailed Mike Kneebone recently and he said he could present certificates to the successful Riders Thursday afternoon.