2018 IBA Australia Memorial Rides

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Hi folks!
The Memorial Rides are imminent!
For most of us it’s less than a week away. Some may have started already!
Numbers are good again this year.
Remember that all the links are on the first post in this thread, including the one for submission of your ride once completed.
If you wish to share your SPOT Link please feel free to post it here on this thread. All the info is then in one place.

The formal gathering before the journey to the Davo Memorial Plaque at Horrocks Pass, is at the tarmac of the PUMA Roadhouse on Augusta Hwy to the South of Port Augusta itself.
Gather here from 12.30pm on Saturday.
We then ride to the Memorial Plaque as a group to be there at 2.00pm for the short service.

All the information you need to know is listed in the detailed post above.

It’s a good time during your Memorial SS1600 or other, or just travelling to the weekend in your own time, to take time to reflect on why it is we do what we do, and to remember our fellow riders who have been injured or who passed away doing what they love to do.

Be grateful that we can continue to enjoy our passion for safe long-distance riding.

Good riding everyone and safe arrivals at your destination.

See you there!

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
With work commitments and days off limited to the rally in October and next June I completed this years memorial ride yesterday.
A cold start and end to a great days riding which took me past a couple of very special places.
I have some very good memories of the Wilmington Hotel and it was sad to hear about it closing.

I hope every one has a safe ride this year and I plan to make next years where ever it is.

1536106967346.png
1536107023307.png

Nico

With work commitments and days off limited to the rally in October and next June I completed this years memorial ride yesterday.
A cold start and end to a great days riding which took me past a couple of very special places.
I have some very good memories of the Wilmington Hotel and it was sad to hear about it closing.

I hope every one has a safe ride this year and I plan to make next years where ever it is.

View attachment 2539
Well done Jeffery - I know you did a big one - so I'm glad you completed it successfully!
Time to get back in the kitchen and warm up! ;)

kwaka

Premier Member
Sorry, can't make it to the Plaque this year and riding the IBA Memorial Ride seriously in doubt. Last minute rescheduling of a major project means I'm cussing those four letters starting with W ending in K.

Happy and safe Memorial ride to all.
Best regards from me and Liz.

P.S. Don't forget the rosemary...

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well Bazz perhaps I should dig a bit deeper on this ride. The first twenty meters out of this place is going to be bloody tricky with two slimy turns in it.
I think my starts going to be latter than yesterdays plan due to rain and massive downpour this arvo. But how about you put two rosemary wrings in an easy place I can find them at BH Ill carry them on to Davos plaque. They could mark a corner for me too and add a good bit of humour to goad me on.
What do you think?

Skidoo

Premier Member
Those riding this week, ride safe and have a ball :)

Unfortunately this ride is out as I finish up at 10:00 Saturday. If all goes well will have a run to the Gong but will have to wait and see :(

kwaka

Premier Member
Well Bazz perhaps I should dig a bit deeper on this ride. The first twenty meters out of this place is going to be bloody tricky with two slimy turns in it.
I think my starts going to be latter than yesterdays plan due to rain and massive downpour this arvo. But how about you put two rosemary wrings in an easy place I can find them at BH Ill carry them on to Davos plaque. They could mark a corner for me too and add a good bit of humour to goad me on.
What do you think?
Late reply, sorry... Logistics wouldn't have worked for a pick up at any rate.

Plenty of rosemary at or near war memorial sites. Just break off a few sprigs and fashion into any size wreath you'd like.

@Karl and Martin.... bugga.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
No problem mate as it turned out.
I left after 08:30. Looked at wild weather on the logical route so I went north then north west then north then frustrated I went southwest then just lost the plot and turned into the only bit of sunshine. Turned east into the Nandeware Ranges and went back home via some nice damp roads.
Took all day to do about 600ks.
Hopeless class. You'd think I ride a Ural

MIXR

I know there were photos taken, but most included cars. I thought it was like the Ulysses rides. You know ........ The ride leader has to organise it, take photos, do the ride report, provide cakes and cups of tea for intermission. That sort of thing. I blame Nico for failing in his duties. I had to get a passing crow to take this one. Damn thing charged me $5.

IMG_1196.JPG

Last edited:

Nico

Geez - you leave the room for a while and all hell breaks loose!

So Mick - do you forget that I delegated the job to you?!

Anyhow, here's some photos for ya...

Here is Mick.

Here is Mick again. With some others arriving.

A couple from my Saturday morning walk

Sunrise on the way out on Sunday.

Happy now?!