2019 Iron Butt Rally Livestreams

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Just a heads-up that I plan to broadcast some Periscope livestreams from the IBR start, checkpoints, and finish. It won't be on any particular schedule - I'll be working the rally and that, of course, comes first But I'd like to start them this Friday or Saturday and do them as time permits through the start on Monday the 17th. I also plan to do the same at the checkpoints and finish.

For those unfamiliar with Periscope, it's a free iPhone and Android app to broadcast live streams. You can watch them live, and they will also be available on the Web post-broadcast. I will provide instructions later in the week on how to access them.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Instructions for accessing the Periscope videos I hope to produce:

If you have the Periscope app:

Open the app
Touch the "people" icon on the bottom of the screen
Touch the "Find" icon (the magnifying glass) at the top of the screen
Touch "Broadcasts"
Search for "IBR 2019"

You should then see a list of videos, both live (if there is a live broadcast) and previously recorded.

If you don't have the app, you can see them on the Web:

Take the following link:

https://www.pscp.tv/search?q=IBR+2019

As I mentioned earlier, I plan to start streaming on Friday, June 14th (All times are local!), but beyond that, no set schedule.

There should also be a link on the IBA IBR Web page as well.

Ira

Watched every morning(BTW -excellent job), except for this mornings Rally start. I logged in about an hour after the live stream ended, and the video was in the Periscope list. When I tried view it, the Rally Start dropped off of the Periscope list of videos. I hope you will be posting it. Thanks.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Operator error - I must have hit the "hide" button in Periscope. It should be back now.

Sorry about that.

Ira

jim6540

Premier Member
Ira,
Some very positive feedback for you from a newbie .. far too often we dont comment unless we have a problem, so I wanted to thank you for the insightful videos you presented and say I very much look forward to the videos yet to come. Thanks for all you do for the LD riding community

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
You're welcome. And thanks.

I'm here in Kennewick. Weather is perfect, but a little windy at the moment. Five hours on regional jets to get here is its' own form of brutality. But of course, nothing compared to what a bunch of crazed motorcyclists have faced heading this way. :)

Just to set expectations for the remaining streams from the two checkpoints and finish: I'm working inside during all three (helping Dave McQueeny with preping the photos for scoring. I start when the schedule says "checkpoint (or finish) starts at . . ." I intend to take a little walkabout in the parking lot and scoring area in the half-hour before that time, but will probably not have a chance to get out until all the riders are scored. Bonus packs and waypoint files for the next leg get handed out around 0400 the following day. You won't be finding me up at that ungodly hour. A longer stream will probably happen at the finish.

Ira