2020-09-26 Barnard Castle eye test

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This R2E is to be at the Barnard Castle Town sign at (N54.54273° W1.92678°) and individual or family bubble photos only will be taken by me (no group photos of any sort please to be published) from 12:00 to 12:30 to obtain a marvellous Barnard Castle R2E Dominic Cummings eyesight test patch (Sponsored equally between Bob Stammers and me), visual attached. The eating part will be at RV (N54.53925° W1.92332°) where toilets (300m away), and a large seating area where you can eat your own bait (this is a Geordie term for sandwiches, snap, picnic) maybe even fire up your JetBoil to be really rufty tufty.

I look forward to seeing you all and using my best Vulcan greeting wave, I will not be kissing, fist-bumping or elbow clashing as I am in the very vulnerable group of a fat old person.

I believe this to be a responsible R2E and understand it is incumbent upon us to mitigate any possible infection as we are travelling across large distances and meeting with possible infected sources which we do not intend to transport back to our locale. I may well smell of high alcohol gel and regularly don a face mask mainly to hide my angry face should I think any of you are not taking on board the seriousness of the pandemic.

A ride to eat is something we do. The ride part is easy to Social Distance and Stay Alert, all part of IPSGA, the eat part is more challenging so please do your best to do the right thing so we are free to do more of the same in the future. Barnard Castle has many food options all within easy walking distance of the park. The idea is to roll up from 11:30 at the RV point, then walk a couple hundred meters to the Town Sign and return to the RV to have social distance bait you either bring or buy in the town. The town will be busy so face masks are essential.

I have a GPX file and a local map with itinerary in this Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22i25z3hth1mnj2/AACfcfr2I08FnNlMYvx258i1a?dl=0

There is also a visual of the proposed patch which is a doozey if I do say so myself.

I'll be there

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Just so you are all clear as an organiser of this R2E no group, other than family bubbles, using the IBA flag will be allowed on Social Media

Not preaching as such just ensuring you understand my stance.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Staying at the Black Lion in Richmond on Friday evening (before RTE) . I am taking the opportunity to visit that well known local boot maker on Saturday morning before the RTE (Appointment booked). Anyone else fancy meeting for a socially distanced beverage or new boots?

Details below.

1599065175265.png

DazK

If you still have spaces available, Holly and I would love to attend, please. (Daz Kirk and Holly Kirk, aged 11). Thank you.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry folks. I won't be attending with the advice changing to no more than six people meeting indoors or out.
Looking forward to when the restrictions end and we can all meet safely again. I chose to be careful to protect my 89 year old mother.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Sorry folks. I won't be attending with the advice changing to no more than six people meeting indoors or out.
Looking forward to when the restrictions end and we can all meet safely again. I chose to be careful to protect my 89 year old mother.
Advice? Enforced with a £100 fine.
Please remove my name from the list.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Perhaps the law will change, perhaps it won't. If it becomes illegal to hold or attend this event it will be cancelled. None of us will put our health, or the health of those we come into contact with, at risk and none of us will put ourselves at risk of fines or other penalties.
Everyone is free to drop out at any time.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
So if attendees are in bubbles/groups of 6...how will the patches be distributed? by who without mixing bubbles?? left in a box?? I'm just curious...