2020 IBA Australia Memorial Rides & IBA Wilcannia Memorial Ceremony

Skidoo

Premier Member
If all goes well, I will be heading out to Silverton Friday, staying the night with Allan then returning via Wilcannia Saturday middayish.

Looks like we may see a few riders on the road or at the site :)

For those who cannot attend Wilcannia for one reason or another, hopefully the holes in the cheese line up and it will happen next year!

I-can assure you all that I’ll be toasting all fellow riders and pillions Friday night to good health and that this dam COVID-19 will end soon!

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have finally booked the entire weekend, and plan to ride to Netallie Hill (one of my favourite sitting and thinking spots), with Martin and Bec. Accom booked in Griffith and Cobar for the way back. Interesting, my BMW bike would not start yesterday, and I had to jump start it with a battery-booster! So its got a new battery, AND new rear bake pads and oil and.... Glad to have done all of that. Looking forward to meeting a few LDR's in Wilcannia and beyond. More, I am really looking forward to a long ride. Hopefully we can have a few informal words together at the Memorial.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Unfortunately I and my pillion will not be able to attend this year. With the tenere taken apart and waiting for parts after a few issues after the Centreline 24 it was time to get the Goldwing back on the road. A new rear tyre was needed, I did not know the difficulty in obtaining a suitable darkside tyre and with a delivery from interstate on Friday not enough time will be had to get the wing back together.
I hope that everyone has a safe ride and look forward to next year's gathering.

kwaka

Premier Member
I don’t expect there will be a Covid Marshall at the Memorial to stop you!
Umm... with the informality of this GTG, a record of attendees should be a must and a just-in-case for contact tracing IMHO.

Sorry to hear of those that can't make it, no doubt our thoughts will go out to all past and present members.

Ride well, stay warm and with the recent rains, enjoy the great outdoors!

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
To all those heading to Netallie, and to others completing a Memorial ride wherever they can -
ride well and enjoy your outings and rides of remembrance!
After events of last year, and the border closures this year, I still haven't managed to get there yet. :(
I have a plan, and a couple of mates to accompany me, and will be heading up once the borders open.:)

kwaka

Premier Member
The GTG at "The Rock" yesterday. We remembered our mates by telling a tall tale or two from our times shared with those whom have ridden on. A moments silence then laying the rosemary wreath as a mark of remembrance and respect.

Thank you to all attendees, we shared a very special time at a very spiritual and sacred place.

NetallieHill26Sep2020-1.jpg NetallieHill26Sep2020-2.jpg

kwaka

Premier Member
TigerBill and I are planning to combine a bit of what you guys are typing about. I think Bill has only ridden one IBA ride (to last year's Muster) since having his big off on the way to Renmark two years before. We're heading for the informal gathering at the original time and date to catch up with anyone who has been able to get there.
Doing it the slow way, so just 2000km over three days. Doable, great company and our first run out west in a long, long time.

Some green out there these days, I suppose.
Didn't see you at Netallie Hill, RUOK guys?

What about you Gatey, all OK?

IBA-Tiger

Thx for asking Kwaka, did intend to get out there as mentioned, but....
Had an 'off' a few weeks ago: In the quest for seeking out-of-the way places on dirt roads, in company with Ox-34 and Crackaz (both on S10's), came across recently-dumped gravel over a hastily prepared drain, and the front wheel dug in, and down I went, narrowly avoiding the creek.
if it had been just the mud, no problems, but there were two large-ish rocks, and I hit both, crushing my L ankle, and L forearm.
Before you ask, nil damage to the Tiger 800!
Able to stand (just), and forearm only badly bruised, so we headed to tarred road, and re-checked. Thought I could make it home, so headed off, 1 hour 35 mins away. Only just made it.
Decided against ED etc., with subsequent advice from OX-34 guessed it was a bad sprain - in hindsight maybe not. Attempted a 'latte' run last week, only able to ride to the front gate!
Might switch to the KLR in the interim.

No sympathy from the kids of course (both well over forty), think they'd be considerate of this three-score and 10 year-old bloke!
Not giving up just yet!

tj189

Premier Member
Thx for asking Kwaka, did intend to get out there as mentioned, but....
Had an 'off' a few weeks ago: In the quest for seeking out-of-the way places on dirt roads, in company with Ox-34 and Crackaz (both on S10's), came across recently-dumped gravel over a hastily prepared drain, and the front wheel dug in, and down I went, narrowly avoiding the creek.
if it had been just the mud, no problems, but there were two large-ish rocks, and I hit both, crushing my L ankle, and L forearm.
Before you ask, nil damage to the Tiger 800!
Able to stand (just), and forearm only badly bruised, so we headed to tarred road, and re-checked. Thought I could make it home, so headed off, 1 hour 35 mins away. Only just made it.
Decided against ED etc., with subsequent advice from OX-34 guessed it was a bad sprain - in hindsight maybe not. Attempted a 'latte' run last week, only able to ride to the front gate!
Might switch to the KLR in the interim.

No sympathy from the kids of course (both well over forty), think they'd be considerate of this three-score and 10 year-old bloke!
Not giving up just yet!
Glad to hear you are ok after that one Bill. Take care of yourself

tj189

Premier Member
The GTG at "The Rock" yesterday. We remembered our mates by telling a tall tale or two from our times shared with those whom have ridden on. A moments silence then laying the rosemary wreath as a mark of remembrance and respect.

Thank you to all attendees, we shared a very special time at a very spiritual and sacred place.

View attachment 5846 View attachment 5847
Thanks for posting up Kwaka, appreciate you guys taking the opportunity to remember those who have ridden on.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks to all who were able to attend Netallie Hill on Saturday, what a special place. This was my first visit and it was well worth the ride as the location is very befitting. Pillion Piglet and I enjoyed seeing everyone there and we really enjoyed our ride into Outback NSW.

IMG_0555.JPG
Taking a moment at Cobar, some sunshine at last!