2022 ANZAC Day SS1600K

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully you all have some exciting plans for the Anzac Long Weekend in progress and are staying safe.

I have a few questions related to the Anzac Day Ride and I hope you’d be able to help:
  1. Would this route be certifiable in your opinion for the Anzac Day Ride? https://goo.gl/maps/DP2AuTuHV3eVdxjx9 .
    I am planning on starting by attending our local Anzac Dawn Service at Gosford (NSW), then riding through Avoca Beach (NSW), Nabiac (NSW), Zillmere (QLD), Acacia Ridge (QLD) with a grand finish at Cameron Park (NSW). I planned the route in way which allows me to obtain receipts from each of the "ANZAC"-towns, plus a few more on the way. I did not want to go to Zeerust (VIC) which seems to be a popular Z-town in Oz, visited by many of IBA riders during this particular ride
  2. How do I measure time and distance for the Anzac Day Ride? Is it from the beginning of Anzac Dawn Service, or from the moment I get my first photo / receipt?
  3. Is the distance for this particular ride measured just in between the ANZAC towns visited? Would my further travel beyond ANZAC towns still count towards the same Anzac Day ride?
Thanks

Oh, maybe a few words about myself (I didn't find any Intro thread under IBA Australia ..):

I am originally from Poland. We moved across to Oz in 2006, with wife and two kids. I have been riding motorcycles since I turned 16 (I will turn 45 in December 2022), was enjoying my long trips across Europe, then Australia, but never registering them with any association, group etc. up until not long ago.
Roughly 2 years back, while looking for some random, but critically important, motorcycle related things, I stumbled upon IBA which I had never heard of before. I really enjoyed the idea of my rides being certified by a big international organisation, so I decided to give it a go ..
Fast forward to today, I have already got several of my rides certified with IBA. My major IBA related achievements would be the Valentine’s Day Ride done in Tassie earlier this year (one zillion turns, two zillion animals watching me along the way), Piston Diversity Award achieved despite the very annoying Covid restrictions, or my little Mile Eater Silver award.
I am currently based in Koolewong NSW, a tiny suburb near Gosford NSW (Central Coast) and am a happy owner of a 2019 H-D Ultra Limited aka Daphne Blake.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully you all have some exciting plans for the Anzac Long Weekend in progress and are staying safe.

I have a few questions related to the Anzac Day Ride and I hope you’d be able to help:
  1. Would this route be certifiable in your opinion for the Anzac Day Ride? https://goo.gl/maps/DP2AuTuHV3eVdxjx9 .
    I am planning on starting by attending our local Anzac Dawn Service at Gosford (NSW), then riding through Avoca Beach (NSW), Nabiac (NSW), Zillmere (QLD), Acacia Ridge (QLD) with a grand finish at Cameron Park (NSW). I planned the route in way which allows me to obtain receipts from each of the "ANZAC"-towns, plus a few more on the way. I did not want to go to Zeerust (VIC) which seems to be a popular Z-town in Oz, visited by many of IBA riders during this particular ride
  2. How do I measure time and distance for the Anzac Day Ride? Is it from the beginning of Anzac Dawn Service, or from the moment I get my first photo / receipt?
  3. Is the distance for this particular ride measured just in between the ANZAC towns visited? Would my further travel beyond ANZAC towns still count towards the same Anzac Day ride?
Thanks
Welcome aboard ’beefybrain’.

Looks like you have an great plan for an excellent ride!

The following link clearly refers to all rules relating to the ride: https://www.ibaaustralia.com/australian-specific-rides/

Enjoy the ride.

Thanks All, and yes, I am always thinking about my long distance rides in advance, so I can plan them in between my day job and family holidays.
For example, my son tested positive to Covid-19 late last night, and my wife, righfully so, suggested I don't go to the Dawn Service.. so my plan is to do the Anzac Day Ride in 2023 ..
For now, the next one on my hit list is the States with a Twist (once my family shakes off the Covid ..) followed by the Commonwealth Star.

Completed my ANZAC Ride. Just compiling the application now. Redcliffe - Agnes Water - Nanango - Zillmere - Applethorpe - Carseldine (via Lismore). RR to follow.
Awesome news, Biggles! Congratulations and I will definitely do mine in 2023 (already got my permission from the Boss moved to 2023 :) )