2022 IBA Memorial Day Weekend Memorial Ride

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Rolling out this weekend on an IBA Memorial Ride, remembering those on Sultana. Route is Memphis to Andersonville (GA) Prison to Cahaba (AL) Prison to Vicksburg MS to Marion AR, approx 1160 miles. A little background on Sultana if you are not aware, the Sultana disaster is the deadliest maritime disaster in U.S. history. In April 1865, Andersonville and Cahaba Union Prisoners Of War were loaded aboard Sultana in Vicksburg for their return home to IN, OH, MI, KY, IL and East TN. Sultana exploded shortly thereafter on the Mississippi River just north of Memphis near Marion AR. Nearly 1,200 of the approximately 2,000 recently exchanged prisoners and ship’s crew perished in this disaster. Here’s the link to IBA Memorial Day Weekend Rides if you have not already seen it. Ride Safe.

https://ironbutt.com/themerides/memdayride/

Are we going to have the Memorial Day Ride every year now. I did a Bun Burner Ride to Arlington Cemetery awhile back over Memorial Day to visit my Mom. I would like to do that ride again and get one of those certificates for her.