207 hp Iron butt Hayabusa

c10

Finally got with my friend Rob ( owner of Boosted Cycle Performance ) he builds Turbo platform hayabusa's . I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea. However I have many creature comforts like a RDL seat , Electronic cruise , Tall gearing , ABM handlebar kit , and way to much titanium to speak of . In the end its just a 498 lb wet with out the bags, and side racks bike . Loaded up with all three bags ( top case ) its about 550 to 560 wet . Still 30 lb lighter than a stock bike . Not many Gen 2's pull this number of 206.9 hp . The Titanium pipe is the big power adder in design over other more common systems avaible . Its a 9 pound total system verses a 49.5 pound stock system .
You may wonder on fuel economy . Well before the tune running 19/42 gearing I could manage mid 40's at 72 mph avg speeds , and high 40's to 51 mpg at 58 mph avg in the mountains just tooling along in 6th gear with wife on her bike behind me .

Rob has taken my cruise RPM's and adjusted my fueling from pretty rich AFR of 11.8 to 12.3 at the 3800 to 4700 rpms range , and set it to a high 12 to 13.1 .
I may pick up a few mpg's :) Not much else to do but ride it like I do . A larger tank than 5.5 gallons would be nice but the 6 gallon model in Japan is a few thousand .
Here are a few photos a a dyno pull . Same day tha GSXR1000 made 174 hp , and a Turbo Hayabusa made 265hp

Attachments

c10

RJ ( Ram Jam ) earned 3 in a week . Two saddle sore 1000's and a BB1500 36 . Looking this fall to run a 1500 in 24 or 30 hours . Have a route picked out already .

Lanval

IBA Member
RJ ( Ram Jam ) earned 3 in a week . Two saddle sore 1000's and a BB1500 36 . Looking this fall to run a 1500 in 24 or 30 hours . Have a route picked out already .
I think it was Nebraska used to have the unlimited speed limit, that would have made you trip very quick.

c10

I think it was Nebraska used to have the unlimited speed limit, that would have made you trip very quick.
I roll along fairly quick 10 over usually of posted . The TPX radar has served me well since 2013 . I-10 in west Texas you can sure make some time clipping along @ 90 to 100 . Speed limit is 80 , but most everyone is doing 90 ;)

thekaz

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have done lots of IBA rides with my ZX12R-A2 which is currently a mear 192HP :( without the spray. Ended up doing one of the first in city SS1000's with it too. There have also been a few ZX12's in the IBR so ya an IBA ride bike does not always have to be a BMW or goldwing ;)