4 Months and Counting

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Been waiting for 4 months to get several rides I did all the way back in July (and subsequent months), certified. Paid the money, premier member, everything in the applications. When I submitted my first ride by mail with all of the additional hoops that had to be jumped through, it took less than a month.

Tired of the effing excuses I'm hearing.

HACKLE

BMW RT Pilot, I share your concern. Though I'm not a premier member, I emailed all my paperwork for an SS1600 on Saturday 11 th. August 2018. The ride was done on 28 th. July 2018. I would have thought that a short email informing me that my paperwork had been received might have been sent to me by now, but no, nothing. So I'll just continue to wait.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
BMW RT Pilot, I share your concern. Though I'm not a premier member, I emailed all my paperwork for an SS1600 on Saturday 11 th. August 2018. The ride was done on 28 th. July 2018. I would have thought that a short email informing me that my paperwork had been received might have been sent to me by now, but no, nothing. So I'll just continue to wait.
Thank you for the moral support. I pretty much knew what was going on in my case and just wanted to slightly vent about it.

HACKLE

Ah, you sound like "an old fart" like myself. My wife says if I got out of bed in the morning and didn't have something to winge about, she'd be worried I wasn't well. All good. Cheers. By the way I'm a young 70 years old.

I fear mine got lost on the way north. I received two SS1000 certificates in about 6 weeks. I sent them off mid July. In mid June, month earlier, I sent off paperwork for a SS3000 and I still have not received it. I am sure I sent it priority but I can't find the receipt. The check hasn't cleared.

I am an old fart, will turn 70 at the first of the year.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
I fear mine got lost on the way north. I received two SS1000 certificates in about 6 weeks. I sent them off mid July. In mid June, month earlier, I sent off paperwork for a SS3000 and I still have not received it. I am sure I sent it priority but I can't find the receipt. The check hasn't cleared.

I am an old fart, will turn 70 at the first of the year.
This is one reason why Premier membership is the only way to go. File electronically, certifications get done sooner, and you help support the Association. It's a total win.

You could send an email to the Association and ask about it. You still have the originals of your application, right?

This is one reason why Premier membership is the only way to go. File electronically, certifications get done sooner, and you help support the Association. It's a total win.

You could send an email to the Association and ask about it. You still have the originals of your application, right?[/QUOTE

I have the originals and copies of app. I have been a Premier Member for several years. I am sure that is why many of my rides have been processed fairly quickly. Another reason for my concern about this one.

I tend to have trouble submitting anything by email. When all goes through correctly I am surprised.

My email was down for a while but I did send an email Sunday to inquire. I had also contacted Ira several weeks ago and he sent me, via this forum, a "claim" form to fill out. I answered the questions on paper then sent it by snail mail almost 3 weeks ago, no response. I had to wait for my email problem to get corrected. Once it was corrected I had an email from Mike with the same form so I filled it out and emailed it back right away this past Sunday. So now it is a waiting game. I probably will need to resubmit.

This certification is a big deal for me as it not only qualifies me for Mile Eater Bronze but also Mile Eater Silver and one step closer to Gold.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Remember there were a few events in the past few weeks which would have slowed down the processing of the paperwork. Also realize that just 2 or so years ago it was taking 6 months or more to process paperwork. Everyone doing so is a volunteer.

And note that on the IBA website on the Certificate page it states : Last update October 27, 2018 for rides through June 30, 2018

My concern has not been so much about the time (I know it can take a while during the busy season even for us Premier Members) to certify but the fact my two SS1000s were sent in a month after my SS3000 paperwork was sent in.

However, I received the two SS1000 certificates in 6 weeks but the SS3000 check had not been processed, thus not approved, at the 18 week mark. The SS3000 paperwork was sent in a month before the two SS1000 applications.

As of today the check has cleared. So my certificate should be soon on its way. All should be good.

I haven't been agitated just deeply concerned that the application had been lost somewhere. If that would be the case I'd resubmit it.

I thank Ira and Mike for their help.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
It appears that they are not recommending use of their camera on motorcycles. I told them I know of 5 others who are using them with no issues. We will see what happens as they want to refund my money.
But you can apparently use them on a boat, car, or airplane. sheesh!

Maybe it's a vibration thing?