4 Months and Counting

That's good! I was in a many-email chain the other day with Mike. He got all four verified and sent out within a couple hours.
My wife and I finished a National Parks Tour--Master Traveler Award Silver with over 15000 miles and over 153 National Parks back in September of this year. We submitted the package on September 25, 2018. I haven't paid the fee yet, because I had no way on the IBA site to submit that. Is it normal to take this long and do I need to get them the funds some way before they'll look at it?

My wife and I finished a National Parks Tour--Master Traveler Award Silver with over 15000 miles and over 153 National Parks back in September of this year. We submitted the package on September 25, 2018. I haven't paid the fee yet, because I had no way on the IBA site to submit that. Is it normal to take this long and do I need to get them the funds some way before they'll look at it?
Yes. Just contact Mike and ask. He'll tell you the amount and you can send it in via PayPal.

Russ Black

Premier Member
After completing a 4 month, 26K+ mile, 48 state trip on my '07 V-Star 650, (That is correct, a 650) that included a SS1000, a BB Silver, and the National Parks Master Traveler award in 2017, I submitted last Feb ('18) for only the National Parks Master Traveler award because of finances and that being one of the main reasons for the trip. The SS and BB were add-ons. Anyway after a few e-mail exchanges (Feb 18th 2018) with Mike to clarify/verify my data (I used Spotwalla etc) he sent me " Perfect, Thank you". I knew it took several months to receive an award after submission so I waited, and waited, and waited until I felt I had waited long enough. I then made several "What is the status" replies to Mike's last email so he would have the email exchanges and received no response from him or anyone else for that matter. I then tried a different approach and sent one thru the website admin that also went unanswered. Finally I sent one directly to Ira. I cut and pasted all of the e-mail traffic between Mike and me and on Dec 7th Ira informed me that he asked Mike for closure on this. Thank you Ira, but no response from Mike once again. So, I sent another one to Ira on Jan 10th where he informed me that he once again got with Mike. You guessed it, still nothing. Perhaps only "Premiere Members" get awards. Lets hope not. I belong to several motorcycle groups where several of their members tracked me on my 48 state trip (Spotwalla). Understandably they have all stopped asking me about when am I getting my award. They shake their heads in disgust when I mention anything about Ironbutt stuff to anyone else. The Ironbutt members that I have come across in my travels have all been great people. Last year while getting a National Park in Fla and ME to complete the requirements for the NPMT Silver I ran across some of the riders of the MM1000 I attempted during my trip but was too fatigued to completed it safely in the allotted time because I had travel over 1500 miles (Key West, FL to Windsor Lock, CT) to get there the day before. Rob Nye and his crew were top drawer in putting on that event. I was looking forward to completing it the next year but Rob needed a break. Anyway, back to the subject at hand, Ironically they were working on their own NPMT award and asked me about mine. Maybe they have theirs already. I’ll post a message when I finally get my award. Hopefully the awards I have waiting to submit (Waiting on my IB#) will be processed in a more timely manner. Finger crossed.

Russ

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Russ -

I just sent you a Forum message. Please check that and I'll help close this out.

Thanks.

Ira

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
NPT rides can take quite a bit of time to verify (especially with 153 stamps), so it's probably still in process.

We will email you with payment instructions when the ride has been approved.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

NPT rides can take quite a bit of time to verify (especially with 153 stamps), so it's probably still in process.

We will email you with payment instructions when the ride has been approved.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Ira, Thanks for your help. I appreciate the reply.

Russ Black

Premier Member
A post as promised, I finally received my well overdue award. Thank you Ira and Mike! It arrived at my local Post Office on January 31st. I can officially say now that I have an Iron Butt… Award that is… What were you thinking??? No… that is still full of lead. Now with my IBA# in hand, I can submit for the other rides I completed. Good luck to all and drive safe.

Russell

I think I mentioned I had a mix up on my Bronze Mile Eater and Silver. The Certified Rides list is now corrected but still waiting on corrected Bronze ME certificate plus my newly certified Silver ME certificate. Things just take time.
Congrats Russ, welcome to the addiction.