48/10 documentation

Planning a 48/10 for this summer, I would like to clarify the documentation requirements. I understand that I am required to get a DBR in each state, however I am NOT required to get DBR when changing directions. Am i correct?

DrNeo

Premier Member
You are correct - no need for a DBR at every "turning point." (You'd have quite a few if it was required) However, I believe you still need to follow normal Saddlesore rules, so you need a DBR every 300 miles.

I did my 48/10 in September 2017. To make sure I hit every state properly, I used a recipe card with each state's name, and in order of stops in a small box. Each receipt was paper clipped to the appropriate state's card.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Take a step back and consider why on something like a Saddlesore 1000 we would want DBRs at the turns. Spoiler alert: it is to make sure the rider has covered the minimum mileage within the time limit. :)

In contrast, we don't really care how many miles you ride on the 48/10 as long as you document being in each state within the ride time limit (of course we also want other documentation to show you rode the ride you claim). So documenting each direction change is unnecessary for this ride.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association