48/10 plus 3 countries

I am looking for finishers of the 48/10 plus 3 countries in the lists and I can only find the 48/10 that lists AK and Mexico. I am planing a 48/10 to include Canada and Mexico but not Alaska. I'm sure others have done it but I can not find the list on the website. Any Help? I have it down to right at 7753mi with 2 different routes. I don't think I can get it any shorter leaving from TX. I would like to see how many have done it before and also some tips on navigating the east coast in the shortest time/mileage!

Basically how to get from Kittery, ME to Century FL in the shortest amount of time while picking up TN and KY along the way.

RickRussell

Premier Member
The KY location I used is Harlan. If I was to do it again I would avoid 58 between Bristol and gates city...very slow, very narrow, 10 mph curves.
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=14c29593c45c58f0cc&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes
My Gps glitched and short story missed my detour of NYC. Don't let that happen to you. The Bronx in the afternoon in the rain isn't somewhere you want to be. After Mars Hill I had an data manager app shut off my data connection so the trip to Century is not recorded. your GPS will get you there following interstates without trouble. I would take the short trip north of Century (on 313)back up to the interstate (17 miles) rather than heading west from Century. Heading west is a bit more direct but slow.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Some refer to this as 48+++ rides. 48 US states, plus Alaska, Plus Mexico, Plus Canada. Or 48++ skipping Alaska. Even 49 state rides, which by default includes US, Alaska and Canada. These terms may help your search for more info.