48/10

Question to anyone that has done 48 states /10days.. do I need fuel or other receipt for every state. Or will spotwalla and what fuel receipts I get be good... thanks #74728

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I would get a receipt as I entered a state and when I left that state, just to be on the safe side. You can't have too much documentation, IMHO and I bet Ira agrees with that. :)

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Every ride has a portion of 'administrative minutiae' to deal with as part of the process. Certainly, once any given rider has done more than a day ride, that level of detail becomes even more a significant part of the ride.

After day four or five becomes a real challenge.

On or about day four was when things started to get really fuzzy. By that time, I'm very glad that my process was repeatable *and* reliable. That very last stop darn near bit me in the butt! Making that *second* stop (different location a half-hour later...) became the stop that actually *did* stop the clock on my ride.

Whatever system you decide to employ @streetglide15 make sure it works for YOU.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Every ride has a portion of 'administrative minutiae' to deal with as part of the process. Certainly, once any given rider has done more than a day ride, that level of detail becomes even more a significant part of the ride.

After day four or five becomes a real challenge.

On or about day four was when things started to get really fuzzy. By that time, I'm very glad that my process was repeatable *and* reliable. That very last stop darn near bit me in the butt! Making that *second* stop (different location a half-hour later...) became the stop that actually *did* stop the clock on my ride.

Whatever system you decide to employ @streetglide15 make sure it works for YOU.
I have a friend who did this ride and realized at the finish he had missed a state in the middle, so after a few days break he repeated the ride

And there is the 2011 Iron Butt Rally which was a 48/10, One rider who otherwise would likely have been a podium finisher DNF'd because he missed a state.

The point is, make sure your process is easy and repeatable as suggested by kwthom. 10 days on the road under these conditions is a long time and while you may feel fresh the ride does take it's toll. Missing a SS1000 or BBG for a documentation error would be bad enough, but missing a ride such as a 48/10 with all the time, effort, and money invested is far worse