48-in-10 Planning Minutiae

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
He was up at 5 am this morning AZ time, and is currently eating in Dallas at 7 pm AZ time. I don't know if he's going to try to close it out tonight or get a good night's rest and finish it in the morning. It's a little less than 1K miles from his location to his home right now, but all he has to do is hit the NM border to finish the official ride.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Looks like Ken finished this morning. Good on him. It is a great feeling when you can stop the clock and continue the ride at a leisurely pace and no longer collect receipts.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I finally got home after 9pm...about four hours later than I'd expected.

A much longer day than it really needed to be. The flat tire, discovered in El Paso (and finally repaired in Lordsburg...) along with weather 100 miles from home was the worst part of the whole ride. You're really, really trying to get home, but one obstacle after the next to overcome.

The route overall was actually pretty nice overall; beautiful scenery and it seemed to break up the easy, go-far days with the slug thru the mess, gruelling days.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I finally got home after 9pm...about four hours later than I'd expected.

A much longer day than it really needed to be. The flat tire, discovered in El Paso (and finally repaired in Lordsburg...) along with weather 100 miles from home was the worst part of the whole ride. You're really, really trying to get home, but one obstacle after the next to overcome.

The route overall was actually pretty nice overall; beautiful scenery and it seemed to break up the easy, go-far days with the slug thru the mess, gruelling days.
Congratulations on your ride!