50CC / 100CCC Weather Webpage

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I redid my 50CC / 100CCC weather webpage for the Jacksonville Beach to San Diego route. I had a nice weather webpage for many years for this ride until IBM bought most of the Weather Channel websites and online data. Once IBM took control they shut down my access to the API I was using under agreement with the Weather Channel.

Well it took some time but I was able to modify my 2017 IBR weather webpage with the weather for 30 cities along the route. I designed the webpage to work well on small screens like cell phones.

Here is the link. Feel free to share.

http://www.gregrice.com/50CC_100CCC/50CC_100CCC_weather.htm

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Very nice and I am sure it will be heavily utilized. One question - why Ocotillo?
Scott, I like the Ocotillo exit as I have done a couple BBG Trifecta's where the gas station on the south side of the exit there was my turn around point. It is also I think it is the last exit before you enter the mountains crossing into San Diego which makes it an easy place to gas up with a big parking area. The gas station there has always been opened 24 hours. It used to be a Texaco but I think it is a Chevron now.

Ed.

Premier Member
Read this the other day and had a chuckle at the way it highlights some of the differences in ld riding in our two countries. You've selected 30 cities to display... we'd be lucky to have to go through 30 TOWNS on the Australian CC route! Then there are the comparisons of road types....

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Read this the other day and had a chuckle at the way it highlights some of the differences in ld riding in our two countries. You've selected 30 cities to display... we'd be lucky to have to go through 30 TOWNS on the Australian CC route! Then there are the comparisons of road types....
Several stops along there can't be considered "cities" by any means...

I mean, just in my backyard alone, Ocotillo, CA or Dateland, AZ are nothing more than a fuel stop, as well as home to a few dozen hardy souls - each.

BMWguy

IBA Member
We (in the US) are very fortunate to have the Interstate system - although if there's an accident - you can be stuck in one spot for hours.
I spent 3 hours on I-20E in Birmingham, AL because of a four vehicle accident ahead of my location. Traffic was backed up for miles.
It was a good reminder of why I chose to live out in the "sticks"... LOL!

Ed.

Premier Member
Yeah, my comment wasn't meant as a "Oh you guys have it easier/harder/better/worse than us" type of comment. More that it just reminded me how different things are and the two I mentioned are just a couple of the obvious differences!

BMWguy

IBA Member
Yeah, my comment wasn't meant as a "Oh you guys have it easier/harder/better/worse than us" type of comment. More that it just reminded me how different things are and the two I mentioned are just a couple of the obvious differences!
Ed...
Can't speak for anyone else but that's exactly the way I took your post.
Every locality has different challenges, and riders learn to adapt to their own unique situations.

Tabledrain's Zambia SS1000 comes to mind... now THERE'S a ride with conditions a lot tougher than anything I've ever done, considered or attempted!! LOL!

Mike

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Nope, not taken that way at all, hope the wording of my response wasn't misinterpreted... @Greg Rice is one of many, many individuals in our endeavor that's so willing to share what they have built for themselves to use with the rest of us - almost like cheating.

I was thinking about this I'd seen a day or two ago as I thought about this thread and that ride I did last October:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/30/us/interstate-10-photo-harvey-trnd/index.html

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Texas & Louisiana will recover by the time fireman1028 does his ride...it'll be Jacksonville with Irma that could be the next problem to deal with.