50cc Prerequisites

Are there any ride prerequisites for the 50cc?

I've read the IBA description and don't see any. For example, does one need to first complete a SS-1000 or BB-1500 first?

Also, what is the position and practice of the IBA for two riders to alternatively sharing one fuel receipt? For example, two riders are together riding a SS-1000, and at one refuel stop Rider A pays for both fill ups, then at the next refuel stop Rider B pays for both fill ups.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Are there any ride prerequisites for the 50cc?

I've read the IBA description and don't see any. For example, does one need to first complete a SS-1000 or BB-1500 first?

Also, what is the position and practice of the IBA for two riders to alternatively sharing one fuel receipt? For example, two riders are together riding a SS-1000, and at one refuel stop Rider A pays for both fill ups, then at the next refuel stop Rider B pays for both fill ups.
Believe it or not, the 50cc is not considered an extreme ride - its essentially back-to-back Saddlesore 1000's. So there are no prerequisite rides.

The position of the IBA with regard to what you suggest is: don't do it. We use fuel consumption as well as date, time, and location in our verification process. So we want each rider to maintain their own set of complete documentation, including receipts. What you suggest would make life very difficult for the verification teams. And you want to make their lives easier, not harder. If you want to alternate paying for gas, keep notes about who owes what separately from your ride documentation.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Thank you for the reply Ira. Very much appreciated, and clear in your response. No prerequisite for the 50cc. And don't share fuel receipts. I'll pass this info along.