600k limit, Its what we had so why change?

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So its been a while and lots of water under the bridge and it's time to make a change back to what we had.

I'm very aware of the reduction in the max distance between dockets, took place 2 years or so back without so much as a post till the poo and the fan met up in a bar one night. Hell, I can be quoted first for finding this issue and second for my stance about the "Thats THE ""issue.
Modern Tech can identify every step of the way. We don't actually need to tap a button anymore.
GPS Google, your Phone your card taps your numberplate your photos your SPOT your passage under a speed and fatigue camera, phones calls to the wife, spouse pet or insurance company know exactly what place you are at, at any given time.
The reasoning of "making it easy for the certifiers just does not float.
It is easier for the certifiers.... Volunteers. Oh, those guys too. Someone will trot that out for sure in the pages that may or may not follow.
So, we are Australia. I'm told the big dogs in the US do not dictate local restrictions on local conditions. I'll believe that as I do think that's probably true.

So, we need to have the 600KM rule back. Re-instated as it should be. As it always was. Please.
IBA rides within Australia cannot function for the masses without that extra few Ks.

Anyway, I'm just a pleb.