7th January - Grindleford Station Café

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
The title says it all - lunch at 12 noon. Postcode is S32 2JA. Note that, from reviews on Tripadvisor, the café is cash only.

Some of us are meeting up in Sheffield on Friday and Saturday night for a delayed Christmas get-together; we did think about something similar in December but hotels were all expensive. Ibis Sheffield City - two nights from £108.

Attendees
Kim
Sean
Phil
John Morning
Neil
Martin Harries
Jon Parsell
Bob Badger
Gordon
Daz

Regards,
Martin

Last edited:
Apologies, I won't now be joining you on the 7th.
I've gone down with glandular fever, with the added complication of an inflamed liver. Started mid December, (hence missing Arboretum on 10th as well), though wasn't diagnosed until 23rd. They took a long time ruling out the more serious possible causes of the jaundice. (Yes jaundice really does turn you VERY yellow!!).
I will be registering for the 2023 tour.
I will be back for RTEs
I'll just be taking it easy for a couple of months.
Safe riding all.
Enjoy

Capt Sisko

Just a heads up for anyone going, and travelling through the Peak District National Park to get there, be aware there are a lot of 50mph average speed cameras and camera vans all over the place. I was up that neck of the woods yesterday and the speed camera sales rep for the Peaks area seems to have met his sales target, and some. See you all Saturday.

Last edited:

Capt Sisko

Great to meet everyone today and despite the rather damp start in Shropshire, the sun shone for most of the way back. Selecting the windy route on the Garmin instead of the direct route home took me on some great roads through North Staffordshire I didn't know, but that's half the fun isn't it. Thanks all and a great choice of cafe.

bmbob

IBA Member
Hi Martin
Good call ,nice cafe, generous portions !! and a lovely log fire.
Good to see everyone and have chat.
Ride safe
Regards Bob