A place to discuss your upcoming rides

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Gatey, have a look over at the other site. Cheers.
Thanks Graham.
Ive not had access to that " other site " for years mate.

My observation is relevant to the Border Run only.
Ive seen almost nothing of it anyware.

Be on notice guys. If any of you blow this up to revisit old stuff....Im gone.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I went on the BR Gatey. Tested my fuel strategy on the VFR for the double crossing on the Mildura- Port Augusta, PA-Ceduna and Ceduna to BV legs. I only need to top up with 10L at the intermediate "splash 'n dash" stops. With the ZRX I needed 15L/top up.
Rode with one of Muttley's mates, Worms, to Ceduna, where I stopped overnight. Worms kept going, after plugging his rear.
On the way back Ed and I left at around 4am AEST rode to Port Augusta, caught up with Alan on his ZZR100 after Ceduna.
Ed stopped to get a new front in PA, while I parted company with Alan at the Crystal Brook turn off.
It had been many years since I had ridden the Crystal Brook-Burra section of the Goyder, it has mostly a good surface, but as it is a main road, it's full of grey nomads. I've decided to use the Hallett-Jamestown-Booleroo Centre-Melrose route, both ways. I arrived home at 9.30pm
BV was busy, 40+ FarRiders, and about the same from the BMW group.
The BV crew put on an excellent smorgasboard for dinner Saturday night which I recommend, and a breakfast on Sunday that I missed out on.
It's still a good place to catch up with the LD rider group.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Gday Ron.
Good to hear of your visit to BV and your take on the fuel strategy test. Nothing like actual figures along a known place. Good stuff.
I dont think Ive met Worms but hey its years since Ive seen Muttley.
Twas fine times.
Who else was over there?
How is Marls mate?

And thank you.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Who else? You can get to the finishes list on the Farriders site. Peter (reader57) was the check in official.
Worms moved from WA to Mildura last Border Run. Muttley is still Muttley.
Marls is preparing to ride tomorrow, her first outing since Mansfield. I had to charge the battery on the ZZR600 up, so I'll have to get her out more often.