A question on documentation with the changes to Spotwalla

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
With all of the improvements to Spotwalla in recent time, I'm a little confused about what is acceptable documentation on cert rides.

Since pictures of fuel receipts can be uploaded to Spotwalla, is submitting the link to the Spotwalla track (with uploaded receipt pictures) a sufficient level of documentation for a cert? Or do we need to still send the receipts separately and follow the original submission channels?

Last edited:

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Yes. I submitted my last ride using the Insta-cert application. The only thing I had to attach to it was proof of payment. All other documentation was already upload into Spotwalla.
For some reason, I wasn't aware of the Insta-Cert program. Thankfully, @kerrizor pointed it out to me, and I was able to update my Spotwalla trip with the photos I took along the way. With a little luck, it's all correctly documented.

Russ Black

Premier Member
As an FYI, I submitted the ride above using the Insta-Cert method and I submitted my Mile Eater Silver application the normal premier member way moments later. It took the same amount of time for them to complete the approval process and I have already received the certificates.

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At least for Premier ride applications submitted to Premier Certifications, feel free to also upload your ride certification PayPal receipt into your Spotwalla trip and be sure to mention in your application that you’ve done this so we can look for it there. Doing this saves having send that receipt via email.
Doug