A Week Before my I40E2E and my battery is dead!

Given the time frame till departure date, you bought another battery. A few years ago I bought an automatic charger that does 12v/24v AGM & Lithium batteries. Several times I have been able to revive a battery that was dead due to a parasitic drain. (Eventually to many drain cycles, kills the battery fully.)

Have a fun ride..

-Mark

Dave28117

Premier Member
Are you using a battery tender? When was the last time you started it?
yeah, but I did not have it plugged in. Have not ridden in two weeks while I was on vacation and got my tires replaced. I actually first noticed it when I had the flat on the highway. I had the flashers going. by the time I got the bike home (maybe 3 hours) the battery was down. Trickle charging brought it back up, but had it unhooked after that.

I put it on the charger for a while and then used my jump pack to get it running last night. after riding around a little bit, I put it back on the charger overnight. it was good this morning so I rode to work. I have the jump pack with me just in case.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
I don't know how long you've had your Wing, but everything I've ever experienced with Gold Wings is that after about 2-3 years, you're living on borrowed time no matter what battery, even on a battery maintainer. There's just something about them and the way they treat batteries; you'll be fine until the exact moment that it's completely dead and unresponsive.

If your battery was already dead and you had to use a jump pack to get it running, then your battery is too far gone. The plates are already sulfated, and no amount of fiddling will fix it.

Buy yourself a good, virgin lead, AGM battery (I *highly* recommend Yuasa AGM batteries with the sulfuric acid in separate tubes that you have to add yourself), fill it and charge the battery EXACTLY the way Yuasa instructs you to, and be on your way. Budget the money to do that every 2-3 years. Consider it a part of Gold Wing life.

(Experience: Over 120,000 miles on 2 different Gold Wings, plus a father who's been servicing Gold Wings as a specialty since 1975)