ACT Insanity June 2020

i also went riding yesterday. fitted a 17 hr, 1780km saddlesore inside the 150km radius allowed from home. I used Tugun to the south, the Cooroy overpass to the north and Toowomba to the west and used the M1 / Logan Motorway intersection as the turning point from both directions. Did it with only one fuel up as well.
Cold...15 degrees. definitely glad i had the heated gear on.

I basically did two and a half laps.

Last edited:

HACKLE

I ventured out into the misty rain at 6.30 am. yesterday. Met Fatman, then Derek Sutton on the way to Rockbank. Turned south off the Western Hwy. through Rowsley, Mt. Egerton, Buninyong, Scarsdale then turned north at Skipton.
Beaufort and Lexton were behind us when we stopped for fuel at Avoca. Turned east to Maryborough for lunch then south to Creswick. Another turn, east, had us travelling through Daylesford, Trentham then onto the Calder Hwy. at Woodend for the final run back into Melbourne.
A warming coffee was enjoyed at Derek's home before I waved goodbye to Fatman at Berwick then continued on home to Trafalgar for fuel. Into the shed at 5.30 pm. just in time for a lovely roast dinner.
A great day out with differing conditions, early moisture, dry middle then more moisture to finish. A huge improvement on my last ride, 751 kilometres for the day, with no ill effects or tiredness.

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm keen to have a crack at this ride on the Queens Birthday weekend in June. If anyone wishes to join me, they are most welcome. Or if someone wishes to stand around and sign the lap sheets Even more welcome!

http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/actinsanity/

I've spoken to TJ on the phone letting him know of my plans and I'll email a written submission of the route and plan based on the previous route by Olaf Moon as required by the IBA for pre approval.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/96+...3caa2e6!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0?hl=en

During the week i'll check to make sure the route is still valid etc.

If anyone wishes to join me, I'm more than happy to make a list for TJ and organise as much as I can
Thommo, did this ride go ahead? Planning for this year (2021) again....Olaf