"ACT Insanity" Ride Planned (June)

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Everyone
We are planning this ride around the 86.4km "circuit" inside the Australian Capital Territory for June this year, on a weekend. There are some special challenges - it will be cold. There are 8 fixed speed camera's on the circuit (making more than 150 "passes" to qualify) etc. The rules (http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/actinsanity/) are clear and require an odo reading and signature for each rider at the end of every lap - we have people who will wait at the Hume Caltex station to sign for you, clean your headlights and provide the hot chocolates! So, if anyone is interested, please email me your details to olafmoonATgmailDOTcom.
Olaf (Olly) #517

IBA-Tiger

Hey Olaf,
Thought you were busy in the Hew Hess of Hey in June?
Keep us posted on planned date, may come along to help 'officiate'.

Ed.

Premier Member
I was out bimbling around town on the Harley this arvo and thought of this. Strangely a mate and I were talking about similar a few weeks ago. Could be interested and if not riding might be able to help out other ways.

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The planned date is Saturday 10 June 2017. I now have nine interested parties.
I have started a conversation with you
Thanks TJ - I have repled to your conversation, and finally made the request as needed, via email. (Having got the email address right at last)
Olaf

Also TJ - I have sent you an email with the request and some details, as you requested.
Olaf.

ACTCapo

I just emailed TJ about doing this Ride (including a charity fund raising component) on the October long weekend. June is too effing cold in the ACT for me!

Olaf Moon

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Everyone - an update on this ride.
It is now approved by the IBA. The distance must be 1610 kilometers minimum, which will mean 20 laps of the defined course. There are currently 14 riders and 7 observers/helpers or witnesses. We need more witnesses please, to cover the 24 hours - every rider on every lap must have their odo recorded. We plan to have a caravan and other support on site to give shelter to these wonderful people. email me at olafmoonATgmailDOTcom. A raft of riders are helping including Bill, Karl and others - thank you. The confirmed date is 10 June 2017, starting 3 for 3.30am at Hume. If you wish to join as a rider you MUST talk to me first please, as there are some specific requirements for the ride to be correctly assessed and some safety information to convey - starting with 152 speed cameras. We cant wait. Did it remind everyone that it will be COLD. Olly