An introduction ...

Roy

I am Roy , been riding pretty much 4 decades now , have been a proud member of FarRiders since 2017 ,
my FR # 1058 .
at this time , most know that FarRiders is in a bit of a hiatus which is truly a sad thing .
No , I have not actually done an official IBA ride . Have ridden the required distance for one on 2 occasions .
do know most of the lower number holding FarRiders are IBA .
Guess that’s about it ,
it will be a great thing to see as many others on rides , or meet by chance along the way
cheers all , stay safe ,

tj189

Premier Member
G'day Roy and welcome to the IBA Australia forum, of interest, if you have not already found it, information regarding the FarRider RTE's may be found in the GTR (Get Together Rides). This has been put in place to support the new owners of FarRiders and LDRiders here in Oz whilst they bring their forum online.
With a bit of searching, you will find numerous reports for rides completed by our members and a great quantity of LDRiding knowledge to assist you.

enjoy your time here with us.

Roy

Thanks tj189 Yes had heard that is a GTR penciled in for Oct 22 Port MacDonnell... which was one of the FarRides that i had interest in . contacted Kimmie the other day ,
figuring , it’s make your time there , plan to get in 11am ish .
very much considering it .

Fatman , how good is to hear from someone I know , part of reason for getting IBA Australia forum , stay connected with those I don’t have their contact .
Was chatting to Des only yesterday , by phone , he said you and Lynne did Boarder run .
looks like I may have a 1610 k ride heading my way , at sometime if the Hiatus is over prolonged .
great to read your post ,
thanks .

Nev..

Premier Member
Welcome Roy. Now that you're here, maybe it will kindle a desire to get an IBA ride certified and an IBA number issued. Certainly, when FarRiders was established, the core idea was to get people involved and interested in doing IBA level rides, and using FarRide level rides as an entry level to give riders a more attainable goal to aim for on their journey to IBA rides, and it's founder, Davo, was especially keen on getting riders interested in IBR style rally riding.

HACKLE

Roy, welcome to this other "site" that a lot of FarRiders visit. In regards to Port Macdonnell, I've got to speak with Peter Hollaway and Kimmie and ask if they'ed like me to organise the "booking in' of attending riders. Anyway stay safe and I'll more than likely see you at The Port. Cheers.

Roy

:) Was kinda thinking Id hear from Hackle . . Just remembered .. when I joined FarRiders Forum , Fatman , Kimmie and Hackle were pretty much the first few to welcome me .yes had done 3 FarRides by that time .
honestly , we will see about the 1610 k .. certified IBA ride , have had 2 rides of equal , one 1600 k The other Home - Tooleybuc - Home over some 23hrs .. that did rattle my cage a bit , to be honest ..
but , one never knows ..

Yes , Ive been told, from my first FarRide .. this is a platform , or stepping stone to move , progress the insanity , up to becoming an IBA member ..

sadly a thought just crossed my mind .. if FarRiders is in an extended hiatus .....
What is there for the next breed of long distance riders , 1610 is a huge step . even for veteran riders .
Where will the mentoring , help ,assistance come .
It would be truly a sad thing , if that platform were to no longer be
i truly thank everyone for the messages .
must drive a bus now , cheers Roy

Skidoo

Premier Member
Welcome aboard Roy, some great resources here to assist anyone wishing to extend their riding ability.

I made the progression from FarRiders to more extended distances and met some fantastic mates along the way. It’s a disease mate, the more you do the more you extend yourself.

:) Was kinda thinking Id hear from Hackle . . Just remembered .. when I joined FarRiders Forum , Fatman , Kimmie and Hackle were pretty much the first few to welcome me .yes had done 3 FarRides by that time .
honestly , we will see about the 1610 k .. certified IBA ride , have had 2 rides of equal , one 1600 k The other Home - Tooleybuc - Home over some 23hrs .. that did rattle my cage a bit , to be honest ..
but , one never knows ..

Yes , Ive been told, from my first FarRide .. this is a platform , or stepping stone to move , progress the insanity , up to becoming an IBA member ..

sadly a thought just crossed my mind .. if FarRiders is in an extended hiatus .....
What is there for the next breed of long distance riders , 1610 is a huge step . even for veteran riders .

kwaka

Premier Member
but , one never knows ..

Welcome Roy.
Not sure but maybe Hackle is still 4 wheeling around the countryside.

Roy

Graham.. Great to hear from you , Des told me a while ago , you were “ mobile cave “ .. as I call it , set up ....
You are definitely up there , with the larger then life people . I’ve met in my life .
having said that .. the most interesting ride or have ridden bikes .
i have many many more to hopefully meet .
on our few meets . ooh yes .. the “ Three Word Game “
i cant speak , less then the highest respect , FOR all those I’ve met since 2017 ..
prior to that .... yes did many long rides to different States ... without a .. “ CLOCK “
Wow ..
I have learnt more in the 5 yrs of knowing , riding , meeting long distance riders , regardless of associations , I still have much to learn
I thank everyone ,
you ALL have my total respect .
I refer what we do , as “ BLISSFUL INSANITY “ to any whom ask .. Why ?!?!?!
They could be wasting any reply

cheers Roy