Announcing 2017 IBA Memorial Rides

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
The Fall of the year is coming, riding weather is turning cooler and the days are getting shorter…so it’s time for our Annual Memorial Ride. This year’s ride window will be from September 22-October 8. That’s seventeen days—three weekends to do ANY Iron Butt ride and receive a special Memorial certificate to commemorate your achievement. This year we will be sending you an extra copy of your certificate for you to give to the family of the person for whom you are riding.

Most IBA riders are familiar with the Memorial rides, but if you don’t recall the history of this event, go to here and read about how this event got started.

To participate this year, register at

http://rides.jasonjonas.com

No payment is due when you register—normal IBA certification fees apply and you can send in your paypal remittance when you file your ride documents. Registration is important, though, because it lets us communicate with you about any changes or special offers during this season.

Questions?

Just email me at

[email protected]

or call.

Howard
901-230-0922

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
I like to look at the long-range weather forecasts when I plan my riding month to month. For the most part, the forecasts a month out are fairly good, especially giving temperature conditions that are in the ball park.

The weather forecast for the last two weeks of September in most of the country looks great (except maybe some hot weather in the southwest). There shouldn’t be much rain, and the temps will be moderate to cool.

In short----perfect riding weather.

So why not plan to do a Memorial Ride this year. For many riders, this will be the one of the last rides off the season, as winter starts to set in. For others, it’s just an excuse to go on another fun ride.

www.rides.jasonjonas.com

Howard

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Hi Howard,

This will be my first year participating in the memorial ride. To clarify - does the individual we are honoring with the ride need to have been a member of the IBA/LD riding community?

Scott

RichmonS

Premier Member
I just registered for the event. When I submit my paperwork do I just note who I am doing the memorial for so it is noted on the special certificate?