Another nesting question, sorry.

I have a long weekend coming up and I am planning an attempt at a SS3000K Gold - 3000kms in less than 36 hrs.
While creating a few routes to give me options to avoid unknown weather, I ended up planning 3 different In Province rides (recently added to New Zealand rides) to nest within the SS3000K.
Then because I tend to be overly efficient, I planned a couple of options that would be essentially back to back SS1600K In Province rides as I plan to complete them all eventually.
A rough idea of my plan is
  1. Start receipt near home for the SS3000K Gold.
  2. Ride 110kms to start of first SS1600K In Province
  3. Ride the 1620kms to the end of the first In Province
  4. Ride 150kms to start of next SS1600K In Province (still on the clock for the SS3000K G).
  5. While riding the second In Province, get the final receipt for the end of the SS3000K G (3030kms from step 1).
  6. 20-30 min nap
  7. Ride the final 480kms to complete the second In Province ride.
  8. Ride 150kms home off the clock.

My primary goal - complete the SS3000K Gold and have it count towards Mileeater status.
Secondary goal - complete 2/13 of our Provincial rides.

I normally understand the nesting rules but I’m not sure how this will work. I can’t nest the 2 smaller rides into the bigger ride as they don’t fit and I can’t nest the bigger ride into the last smaller ride.
I may need to settle for just one Provincial ride but thought there's no harm in seeking some wisdom.
Cheers

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The basic rule is that if one ride is by definition completed within the other, only one certificate is issued. For example, everyone who completes a Bun Burner GOLD (1,500 miles in 24 hours or less) has by definition also completed a Saddlesore 1000 (1,000 miles in 24 hours) and a Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours or less). So that is the question to ask yourself.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association