Answers to certified-ride questions about the 22 April 2023 Annual Taco Run - Medicine Park, Oklahoma

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Some have asked about the Annual Taco Run (ATR) IBA certificate ride requirements taking place in Medicine Park Oklahoma on 22 April 2023. It's pretty simple... By riding an IBA certified ride in connection with the 2023 Annual Taco Run, this earns you an IBA Annual Taco Ride certificate. Ask that you include your Saturday ATR photos when submitting your ride application.

And what is the Annual Taco Run about? From their Facebook page…
It's all about charity and camaraderie. Please make this event a special one for the hungry....
Don't forget April 22nd 2023, our Annual Taco Run charity will be local food banks in and around Medicine Park.
Don't forget to pack every extra inch of space on your motorcycle or cage with non-perishable food items. Ride with us out to Medicine Park for a weekend of camaraderie, stories of adventure and giving.
Knowing what types of non-perishable items are beneficial to food banks will make your donations matter more. So, don’t just grab anything—check if they can help feed families and improve their health as well.
WHAT ARE NON-PERISHABLE FOODS YOU CAN GET FOR FOOD DONATIONS?
Canned fish
Meat-based canned soups/stews
Nut butters
Bags or cans of dried beans and peas
Whole-grain cereals
Bags of plain rice and pasta
Barley and quinoa
Canned fruits
Canned vegetables
Some of the healthiest non-perishable food items are dried and canned beans, nut butters, grains, and many more...

Attachments

WOW, where was I at for this one. A buddy and I were in Lawton to ride the Wichita Mountains a few days before. I grew up there. Lived 35 years in Lawton starting at age 12 in 1961. I camped, hiked, and swam most of the lakes back in the day. As kids a buddy and I would be taken to the Wichitas by our parents with our BB guns and my dog to be dropped off for the day. Times were different back then.

Medicine Park has sure undergone some changes over the years. CCC built a lot of the rock structures in the area. I understand the wise guys from Chicago used to retreat to Medicine Park to "cool off" back in their hey day. In the 60's it was a little touristy and quant. In the later years it became a drug haven. Then the rebirth came to what it is today.

A lot of history there.

Hope to make the ride next year.