Any IBA riders in the Washington State Area?

Hello,

I was curious if any IBA members live in the pacific northwest and ride Tues-Thurs Like I do. I try to organize on the local meetup.com boards and facebook groups in the pacific northwest. Most folks dismiss my rides as too "Hardcore" or "Too Long". A 300-500 mile warm-up ride is too long for most folks in my neck of the woods! This riding season is optimal for me personally as I prefer 75-95 degree weather when doing IBA Certs. I have some Mile Eater Goals that I plan on completing, but I would prefer a little company if at all possible. Please contact me if your interested. Last year I did over 9200 miles in about a 4 month period mainly riding IBA certs.
The riding season in the Washington State area isn't over with, and we have at least till about mid October before I throw in the towel this year. If you have a couple IBA rides in mind let me know. I have a couple certs left to do before this riding season is over.

Thanks,
-Kareem

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
There are plenty of IBA riders in the PacNorWet. And the riding season doesn't ever end, you just get stuck in the Willamette Valley if you're P-town centric, or Sometimes the Tac-Oly and on South with limited options for getting over to the Coast or to the East in Winter. (I lived in Portland for 45 years)

You should try WetLeather listserv or OBS, both hosted on Micapeak's server. Many will not want to do your longer rides, but some may be interested. WetLeather is more Seattle oriented, Oregon Biker Scum(OBS), is more Portland oriented. Wetleather is sort of like trying to sip from a fire hose, traffic wise, OBS is much quieter. Both offer real time and digest modes.

WY88

Premier Member
I'm in Seattle. Early to mid Oct gets pretty dang cold over the mtns, mid to upper 20s @ 0300 in Cle Elum is not uncommon. Since 2020 I've not done many rides and not a single one this sumer due to elder care responsibilities. Always up to meeting for coffee and talking motorcycles.

Last edited:
I'm in Seattle. Early to mid Oct gets pretty dang cold over the mtns, mid to upper 20s @ 0300 in Cle Elum is not uncommon. Since 2020 I've not done many rides and not a single one this sumer due to elder care responsibilities. Always up to meeting for coffee and talking motorcycles.
I organize long distance rides on the following meetup group: https://www.meetup.com/bikers/

Not too many people join me on IBA rides, but I still mange to ride solo or otherwise. I would like to do at least 3 SS1k's before finishing out the riding season this year.

I'm just south of Seattle. I only get a few Real rides in a year. Mostly weekends because of work. But would be up for planning something next year. Maybe a north cascade loop or something. It can be tough to find comparable riders. Feel free to contact me.