Any Idea how long it with take for a ride to be verified…

I’m getting very anxious to hear back regarding my ride (Saddlesore 1600). It’s been almost 4 months. Is that normal? Is it possible to have a estimate with how long it‘ll take?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Recently it was stated that certs are running 16 weeks plus. Being Canadian, only Trudeau knows when Canada Post and the USPS will get it to you after it's been verified. Luck!!

(edit) No, it's not reasonable for them to track down one individual cert and give you an estimate on how much longer it will take. There are multiple teams and a lot of certs in process.

Recently it was stated that certs are running 16 weeks plus. Being Canadian, only Trudeau knows when Canada Post and the USPS will get it to you after it's been verified. Luck!!

(edit) No, it's not reasonable for them to track down one individual cert and give you an estimate on how much longer it will take. There are multiple teams and a lot of certs in process.
Thank you for the estimate that it’ll be 16 weeks plus.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I suspect there are fewer verification teams doing non-US rides. I have no inside info on the process though.

I read another thread about why that there isn’t a IBA Canada group. Ira commented that the Canadian rides are basically the same as the American so it wouldn’t be worth it having another one. You earlier commented that it was regarding politics, I don’t think it had anything to with about an email sending my documentation.

Last edited:
We in Malaysia have been waiting for the past 15months and no one is replying to any of our emails asking the status. I'm not even talking about the ride certificate or package etc... its just email verification of the ride...15months and counting and still nothing... all emails sent to IBA are ignored....

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's important to understand that the sheer volume of rides turned in make it unrealistic to ask for a status update on one particular ride. It's in a stack somewhere or in a verification team's file. If you sent your ride in via email and received a canned response that it was submitted, they got it. It's very unlikely that any emails sent to the submission email addresses that are not a ride submission would be responded to. That is not what those email addresses are for.

I've never had a ride denied, so I don't know if the IBA notifies applicants when they deny one. In the old days of paper submissions, I would suspect not. In the electronic age, I would hope so, as it's cost free and a contact email address is available to the person making the decision.

The IBA works on a packet system. Send and forget. You send in your submission, get a auto response that it was received, (if sent in via email), then you forget about it until you are notified it is approved and to pay the fee.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
We in Malaysia have been waiting for the past 15months and no one is replying to any of our emails asking the status. I'm not even talking about the ride certificate or package etc... its just email verification of the ride...15months and counting and still nothing... all emails sent to IBA are ignored....
Not true. I have responded by saying that Mike is aware of your situation. So you have not been ignored.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

It's important to understand that the sheer volume of rides turned in make it unrealistic to ask for a status update on one particular ride. It's in a stack somewhere or in a verification team's file. If you sent your ride in via email and received a canned response that it was submitted, they got it. It's very unlikely that any emails sent to the submission email addresses that are not a ride submission would be responded to. That is not what those email addresses are for.

I've never had a ride denied, so I don't know if the IBA notifies applicants when they deny one. In the old days of paper submissions, I would suspect not. In the electronic age, I would hope so, as it's cost free and a contact email address is available to the person making the decision.

The IBA works on a packet system. Send and forget. You send in your submission, get a auto response that it was received, (if sent in via email), then you forget about it until you are notified it is approved and to pay the fee.
If it is meant to be "send and forget", then it should be stated that way. Unfortunately I made the mistake of paying the fee at the time of submitting back on 8/20/2021, coming up on 16 weeks. So I am not willing to forget. I have been patient and not emailed anyone for an update. It would be nice to have some consistency in turn around times, from a customer perspective.

Thanks!

Me too, I pay at the time of submit since 04/04/2021 and still stuck at CERTIFICATION. I hope in someday, they will update anything to me that pass or fail. sheer up "You never waiting alone"

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It used to be that the only way you knew your ride had been approved was when the check got cashed. :D Now, if you don't pay when you submit, the IBA will contact you to let you know it passed verification and how much to pay with a link to make payment.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If it is meant to be "send and forget", then it should be stated that way. Unfortunately I made the mistake of paying the fee at the time of submitting back on 8/20/2021, coming up on 16 weeks. So I am not willing to forget. I have been patient and not emailed anyone for an update. It would be nice to have some consistency in turn around times, from a customer perspective.

Thanks!
Just FYI, we will be happy to cancel the certification request and refund the fees to anyone who chooses not to wait.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Brian Thorn

Premier Member

I'm a Premier member and submitted my and my wife's Mile Eater applications on May 16th, 3 months prior to you, and then didn't hear anything further until Dec 16th when I was told it was being processed. And I too paid in advance.

Sometimes that's just the way things go, so continue being patient and they will get to you at some point. After all, it's just a piece of paper.

Sean

Premier Member
I'm a Premier member and submitted my and my wife's Mile Eater applications on May 16th, 3 months prior to you, and then didn't hear anything further until Dec 16th when I was told it was being processed. And I too paid in advance.

Sometimes that's just the way things go, so continue being patient and they will get to you at some point. After all, it's just a piece of paper.
Just a Piece of Paper :eek::eek::D