Anyone feel like a late night ride in Brisbane next week?

sixty6north

Hi friends,

I am heading off on a ride next Thursday 25th - I will be at the Story Bridge about 1:40am and I would like to get 3 witnesses. I will be heading towards Moree if anyone has insomnia.

Anyone about at that time of the morning?

Rob

Tele

Premier Member
Rob, I was hoping to ride to Byron Bay on 25 May to farewell Frans and Brian on their cross country adventure. Not sure what time they are leaving. Hence, not sure if the timing with Brisbane would work? Or, I could just come to the Story Bridge at 01:40 and ride home via Moree ......;)

sixty6north

Rob, I was hoping to ride to Byron Bay on 25 May to farewell Frans and Brian on their cross country adventure. Not sure what time they are leaving. Hence, not sure if the timing with Brisbane would work? Or, I could just come to the Story Bridge at 01:40 and ride home via Moree ......;)
Hi Ian,
I will be departing Sydney about 0400 Wednesday 24th to go to Byron Bay for dinner and a few hours sleep before I depart. I thought that Frans was heading north about the same time, but maybe he has put it back a day.

Tele

Premier Member
I'll keep an eye on the progress of both rides and see how I go. I finish work Tuesday morning at 07:00, sleep like the dead for 8 hours and then I'm due back on Saturday 27 may. I hope I can work something out to assist you with pen on paper :)

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Tele

Rob will be starting with us last time we spoke

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Hi Ian,
I will be departing Sydney about 0400 Wednesday 24th to go to Byron Bay for dinner and a few hours sleep before I depart. I thought that Frans was heading north about the same time, but maybe he has put it back a day.
I'll still be meeting you at the twin servos at 6:30 Wednesday morning as discussed Rob. You called it a date, and I used to like dates in my younger days :D:D:D

Tele

Premier Member
Tele

Ahhhhhhhh..... the plot clarifies ....... I can kill the multiple proverbial birds with one stone if I plan it right.

I'm thinking leaving Newcastle in the pm on Wednesday, ride through to Byron in time to sign forms and say farewell, then perhaps follow you lads through to Moree (if that's OK with you). There I'll head down through Narrabri, Gunnedah and back to home. That's around 1700k for me if I can knock that off in the 24 hrs.

Only catch is the in-laws. My dear wife has told them I'm riding up that way (Broadwater NSW) and they are insisting I call in for a visit (dinner and overnight stay). :rolleyes: That is yet to be resolved. o_O

As for your "date" with Rob ...... what happens on IBA rides stays on IBA rides ;) I for one won't say a word to your respective partners :D

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Tele
You will have to follow and ride with Rob (and take over my date responsibilities I assume)
Our paths will go different ways as soon as we hit the Pacific Highway outside of Byron Bay. Rob will head north and Brain and me will head south and west to Lismore and then Tenterfield down the New England to Tamworth, Gunnedah making our way towards Gilgandra and Broken Hill.

I do not know where we would catch up again, or if we would at all until we are over in the West. I plan to sleep at Port Augusta and Norseman, but I think Rob wants to go a bit further than PA since he is on a 50CC

We'll see how it goes

sixty6north

Tele
You will have to follow and ride with Rob (and take over my date responsibilities I assume)
Our paths will go different ways as soon as we hit the Pacific Highway outside of Byron Bay. Rob will head north and Brain and me will head south and west to Lismore and then Tenterfield down the New England to Tamworth, Gunnedah making our way towards Gilgandra and Broken Hill.

I do not know where we would catch up again, or if we would at all until we are over in the West. I plan to sleep at Port Augusta and Norseman, but I think Rob wants to go a bit further than PA since he is on a 50CC

We'll see how it goes
Ahhhhhhhh..... the plot clarifies ....... I can kill the multiple proverbial birds with one stone if I plan it right.

I'm thinking leaving Newcastle in the pm on Wednesday, ride through to Byron in time to sign forms and say farewell, then perhaps follow you lads through to Moree (if that's OK with you). There I'll head down through Narrabri, Gunnedah and back to home. That's around 1700k for me if I can knock that off in the 24 hrs.

Only catch is the in-laws. My dear wife has told them I'm riding up that way (Broadwater NSW) and they are insisting I call in for a visit (dinner and overnight stay). :rolleyes: That is yet to be resolved. o_O

As for your "date" with Rob ...... what happens on IBA rides stays on IBA rides ;) I for one won't say a word to your respective partners :D
Tele

Tele

I will be departing Byron Bay very early a.m. Thursday 25th to head up to Brisbane - should be at the Story Bridge about 01:40.

If all goes according to plan I will be linking up with Frans on 24th about 06:30 at the twin servos on the M1 near Wyong and we will run up to Byron together for dinner and a sleep. I will be getting away about midnight - I think Frans and Brian are leaving about 01:00 - depending on how things go, we might cross paths somewhere west of Cobar on the first day. I will just have 3 fuel stops before I get to Port Augusta - I will make a call about sleeping there, or keeping moving at the time.

sixty6north

The back must be better. Or did you find a physio who recommends long stints in the saddle as a remedy??
Physio has prescribed portland cement sprinkled on my weetbix every morning so that I harden TF up :):).

My back is still giving me trouble at the moment, but is gradually improving with intensive physio - I am hoping that it will be good enough by next week - if I break down half way round . . . well thats just the luck of the draw (I just hope they don't put a screen up around me and put me down if I do :)).

R