Anzac Ride

Scarp

Premier Member
I'm planning to do an Anzac ride in 2018 now there are not many places in WA that the name starts with a Z plan is start at Armadale for dawn service then to Narembeen the next stop is to be Zanthus it used to be a town however now is just a railway siding.
Question: will a spot link & a photo of the bike & I at Zanthus suffice?
As there is nowhere there to get a corner docket

Skidoo

Premier Member
Hi Scarp, great to see your considering the Anzac ride.

Activation of the Spot link and a photo reflecting date/time will be enough evidence if taken at appropriate location if receipts are not available.

Good luck with your ride and enjoy!

Another West Aussie riding a cruiser so Zanthus is out due to gravel and dirt road for 400km total. The only alternative is Xantippe pronounced "Zantippe". There is signage there showing the reserve. Xantippe Reserve!
Otherwise the only option to do an Anzac ride is for Road/Trail bike riders :(

Skidoo

Premier Member
The 'ANZAC' is a special ride, not unlike many other IBA specific rides around the world and pose many challenges for those wishing to attempt any of the rides. The more 'traditional' IBA rides can be attempted almost anywhere, (subject to rules) and wording reflecting specifics of the ride can be tailored into the certificate.

Distances and challenges, tell me about them. To knock off the East coast 50cc requires (me) a transport leg exceeding 3,500k's, 2,500k just to get to the starting point. Multiple 50cc's on a 149cc bike required 400 kilometres just to get to the starting point let alone the 3,500k to get home.

These are challenges we Australians are renowned at addressing, we never say it can't be done, rather find a strategy many make it happen.

We have some special challenges in NZ that we are currently working on, they don't have any towns on either island commencing with 'Z'.

Now, we are planning a ride in November that may work for you?
https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/centenary-of-armistice-2018-ride.1994/

Last edited:

Scarp

Premier Member
Yeah thought about the dirt depends if the road is in good condition I'd leave the K1600 at home & ride the ST1300 the 18" front wheel on them makes a big difference on the gravel
Have to say the Armistice day ride is one I could get into as it's also my late grandmothers birthday I always think of her when I stop for a minutes silence thanks for the heads up on this

Last edited:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So I have a full day at work then its Wednesday and im off to the dawn service here in Armidale. After that im riding.
Not the ANZAC ride as such but ill be visiting at least two isolated memorial sites.
A third i intend to pin a way point and consult the appropriate authority to get it back on the radar and actioed.
Milage? Might be a bit over 1200ks.
Cheers Chris