Armistice 1000

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
To clarify.
1 You can ride anywhere you choose as long as it's documented with proper receipts. It is presumed the ride will be done in one trip.Read and digestv the rules for a Saddlesore 1000 found here... https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/saddlesore.php
2 To register it's £5 with the balance of £30 payable when your ride is verified.

There are 3 possible outcomes.
A. Ride a 1000 miles in 24hrs during November and get it verified. You will get patch, IBAUK certificate, and IBA lifetime membership if you are not already a member. £10 donated to poppy appeal.
B. Ride 1000 miles in more than 24hrs. You will get a patch, a certificate of achievement and NOT IBA membership. £10 donated to poppy appeal.
C If you don't do a Ride your £5 deposit will be given to the poppy appeal.

Any question just email me [email protected]. I respond quicker to emails rather than the many social media channels as it's impossible to watch them all all the time.
Enjoy planning your rides. I'll be doing mine in the UK with 2 other Iron Butt Riders (this will be their 2nd ride ) and a rookie.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
28 riders registered to date. If you are thinking of giving it a go register as soon as poss so I can ensure we order enough patches.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just a thought, how many would consider pairing up with a virgin and providing mentoring and pace setting to encourage new riders to attempt this ride?

I have in mind making the offer in the Ride5000 miles FB forum and perhaps locally also.

If there's enough of us I would think we make specific offers: named IBA rider, thumbnail bio, proposed route, available dates

Last edited:

John ZRX

Hi,
Newby here so I have a newby question - sorry.
If it's not too late to register for this I'd like to do so but regrading making the deposit payment via Paypal can someone tell me which category is used, please - friends and family or the commercial one? I don't want to incur charges for IBA if it's not necessary. Thanks

Hi,
Newby here so I have a newby question - sorry.
If it's not too late to register for this I'd like to do so but regrading making the deposit payment via Paypal can someone tell me which category is used, please - friends and family or the commercial one? I don't want to incur charges for IBA if it's not necessary. Thanks
Hi John.

I use, friends and family ... as that’s what we all are.....:rolleyes:.....

Jon

John ZRX

Another Rex on this ride.... cool
Yep, good to see a few still around. I saw another one (ZRX S) at Squires Cafe in June, same colour, too. Not the obvious choice for long distance riding, I guess, but I've had mine a long time and I don't mind racking up a few more miles. It's surprisingly practical and the shortish tank range makes sure I take regular breaks.
I've sent the registration deposit now. Keeping it simple and doing the RBLR1000 south clockwise run as it goes really close to me.

I'm looking to do this one with a fellow member and taking a rookie with us. Looking at possibly doing the southern anti clock wise again and not wasting as must time this time ;)

Gav G

View attachment 2189
The Armistice 1000

The 11th November 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the end fighting in the First World War.​

G S John suggested that we mark the occasion with a special ride that will also benefit the Royal British Legion poppy appeal. I’m happy to announce the Armistice 1000 which can only be ridden during November 2018.

You can choose your own route and go where ever you want whenever you want during November 2018. If you choose to use one of the RBLR1000 routes you can start anywhere on the route as long as you finish in the same place. Collect the receipts listed but instead of going to Squires café get a receipt at A1M/M62 Ferrybridge services. http://www.rblr1000.co.uk/routesmain.html Note only the 1000 mile routes can be used for the Armistice 1000

If you fancy an easier to ride route, on mostly motorways, then follow this well tried and tested route. Shell Gordano, BP Stirling, Shell Berwick, Shell Folkstone, Shell Gordano. Again start anywhere on the loop and finish in the same place.

Every rider who completes the ride will receive a one off Armistice 1000 certificate, a commemorative patch and verification of their ride. The ride fee will be £35 of which £10 will be donated to the Poppy Appeal. Riders who are not Iron Butt Members can take part in the ride and by completing it will become life time Iron Butt Members.

Make sure you read the “Rider Guidance document” and down load the “Ride documentation” here https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/docs.php

On this occasion you need to pre-register so we can source the patches in advance. Register by sending £5 by PAYPAL to [email protected] with a note including your name and “Armistice 1000” and send me an email [email protected] with your name and address and the heading “Armistic 1000”. If by chance you fail on the ride just email me with your story and I will send you a certificate noting what you achieved.

View attachment 2189
The Armistice 1000

The 11th November 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the end fighting in the First World War.​

G S John suggested that we mark the occasion with a special ride that will also benefit the Royal British Legion poppy appeal. I’m happy to announce the Armistice 1000 which can only be ridden during November 2018.

You can choose your own route and go where ever you want whenever you want during November 2018. If you choose to use one of the RBLR1000 routes you can start anywhere on the route as long as you finish in the same place. Collect the receipts listed but instead of going to Squires café get a receipt at A1M/M62 Ferrybridge services. http://www.rblr1000.co.uk/routesmain.html Note only the 1000 mile routes can be used for the Armistice 1000

If you fancy an easier to ride route, on mostly motorways, then follow this well tried and tested route. Shell Gordano, BP Stirling, Shell Berwick, Shell Folkstone, Shell Gordano. Again start anywhere on the loop and finish in the same place.

Every rider who completes the ride will receive a one off Armistice 1000 certificate, a commemorative patch and verification of their ride. The ride fee will be £35 of which £10 will be donated to the Poppy Appeal. Riders who are not Iron Butt Members can take part in the ride and by completing it will become life time Iron Butt Members.

Make sure you read the “Rider Guidance document” and down load the “Ride documentation” here https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/docs.php

On this occasion you need to pre-register so we can source the patches in advance. Register by sending £5 by PAYPAL to [email protected] with a note including your name and “Armistice 1000” and send me an email [email protected] with your name and address and the heading “Armistic 1000”. If by chance you fail on the ride just email me with your story and I will send you a certificate noting what you achieved.
Am I to late to register for this ride?

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
So I'm going to do the southern RBLR route starting at Newark. What are the pros and cons of of a clockwise or anti clockwise route? My inital choice is anticlockwise to get the west cost done in the daylight.

Viper

So I'm going to do the southern RBLR route starting at Newark. What are the pros and cons of of a clockwise or anti clockwise route? My inital choice is anticlockwise to get the west cost done in the daylight.
For me, it would depend on what time you are planning on starting, i would try and plan the easiest part of the ride to be at the end, you are likely to be tired and riding in the dark, better to be on roads you are familiar with or on main roads/motorways, but this is a personal choice. good luck.

Planning to do the northern anti-clockwise RBLR route starting from Newcastle. I live five minutes from seaton burn services so seems an obvious starting point. 5am start to be round the Edinburgh bypass before rush hour but that might mean hitting Glasgow on the way back down evening rush hour? Hopefully conditions won’t be too unkind up that way in November...! Easier motorways towards the end seems a good idea.
Any opinions on this idea much appreciated this will be a first attempt.