Armistice 1000

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Adrian

I have always used UK documentation and rules (up to 350 miles between refuels) when it has been a UK verified ride, even when it starts or finishes outside UK. Should also be verified in miles (as you're starting in UK).

Only ride I have used other documentation for is the GN72 when I had to use Finish docs as they were verifying.

Hope that helps.

I'm sure Martin will confirm.

Crezz

Adrian

I have always used UK documentation and rules (up to 350 miles between refuels) when it has been a UK verified ride, even when it starts or finishes outside UK. Should also be verified in miles (as you're starting in UK).

Only ride I have used other documentation for is the GN72 when I had to use Finish docs as they were verifying.

Hope that helps.

I'm sure Martin will confirm.
That's what I thought, but do I need the one that has witnesses information or the other one which doesn't?

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Adrian

I use witnesses and the witness forms. I understand those tech savvy people are writing mileage on receipts and photographing it next to the Odo, for start and finish (usually the intermediate ones as well). this goes on the other forms. I have also been led to believe that you can mix the forms. Starting with a witness and finishing with a photo, or vice versa. All seems to be getting a bit complicated. However it can be really useful when you get to the auto fuel station with no attendant or other witnesses. Just have to make sure the camera and phone are charged.

Have a good ride.

Viper

Good luck, weather doesn't look favourable so stay safe... went to fit a cyclops led tonight to find i have no power to low beam... need to sort that before the 11th..

Crezz

Adrian

I use witnesses and the witness forms. I understand those tech savvy people are writing mileage on receipts and photographing it next to the Odo, for start and finish (usually the intermediate ones as well). this goes on the other forms. I have also been led to believe that you can mix the forms. Starting with a witness and finishing with a photo, or vice versa. All seems to be getting a bit complicated. However it can be really useful when you get to the auto fuel station with no attendant or other witnesses. Just have to make sure the camera and phone are charged.

Have a good ride.
So to clarify, I can use the forms that don't need a start and end witness? Just need to take picture of receipt along side the odo reading etc.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
So to clarify, I can use the forms that don't need a start and end witness? Just need to take picture of receipt along side the odo reading etc.
That's right. Just photograph starting/ending receipt with live odo in the same shot. No need for witnesses.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Nearly 80 riders have pre registered.
You can still do the ride any when up until the end of November even if you didn't pre register
As soon as your ride is done send in the paperwork as this makes a lot of rides for Martin to verify in a short time.
Make sure you reread the rules and rider guidance notes in the 1st post on this thread.
To clarify. We are moving towards a photo at the start and finish of your receipt next to your odo rather than witnesses. Ensure it shows the address date and time. The old paperwork is still there for riders who completed ride and have still to send in their paperwork. Personally I have a blob of bluetack on my odo and photograph every receipt in this way. Be wary that the lights on the odo can shine through the receipt making it unreadable at night.
Stay safe on your rides .
Remember it's just a bike ride.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
The bike's ready i'm ready just waiting for the remnants of the hurricane the Americans were kind enough to send us to pass by (why do they always arrive at the weekend?)
Next week is looking good, doing the southern route anti clockwise where it goes across the Dartford crossing is ten minutes ride from my house so a short ride start and finish

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
You can still do the ride any when up until the end of November even if you didn't pre register
You talked me into it Phil; surely we can manage 100 Armistice rides on the 100th anniversary? That's the magic number isn't it:)

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
As soon as your ride is done send in the paperwork as this makes a lot of rides for Martin to verify in a short time.
Make sure you reread the rules and rider guidance notes in the 1st post on this thread.
To clarify. We are moving towards a photo at the start and finish of your receipt next to your odo rather than witnesses. Ensure it shows the address date and time. The old paperwork is still there for riders who completed ride and have still to send in their paperwork. Personally I have a blob of bluetack on my odo and photograph every receipt in this way. Be wary that the lights on the odo can shine through the receipt making it unreadable at night.
Stay safe on your rides .
Remember it's just a bike ride.
Just watch the light and the flash I made sure by taking a few photos of each receipt
Like it better than getting a form filled in