Aussie boys on the IBR

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
*Aussie boys AND GIRL!
Yes. Fail on my part I'm sorry!!!
Yes! Please let us have some news on Margaret as well.
I have met her on both IoM TT 1000 and European Tour and she impressed me so much.

Me and another participating Swede got to see her sweeping through the Quarry bends on IoM.
So fast, so elegant, so relaxed and simply just one with the bike. Wee-strom, it was, on that occasion -
but the sum of it all looked like a sweet breeze - she and the bike intertwined.

From my limited experience... always a bit of excitement around that man... :cool: :)
Ha ha ha - met him too, actually. Very nice and gentle person, when we said hello at the European Tour rally base in 2014. Off the bike, that is. I can have nooo opinion on his riding, as we have yet to ride in the same direction.
...but I can have a guess. :p

BMWguy

IBA Member
Well done to all the finishers of the IBR but more specifically The Australian riders.
To those that DNF well done for being part of the rally and best wishes for future attempts.
Agree - and a great showing for the Aussie contingent!!

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thank you to everyone from Australia for your support before, during and after the Rally! It was very reassuring to have the messages of support and encouragement coming in PLUS to actually have some Aussies (Phil & Joy Morrison) there in Minneapolis at the start and finish of the Rally was awesome!

Words and photos (AKA Ride Report) will follow once Bec and I have made our way back to Australia in mid July, but suffice to say the Iron Butt Rally is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

Last but certainly not least I am in awe of my fellow Aussie IBR Riders, Ian McPhee, Margaret Peart, Olaf Moon, Peter Green and Ziggy.

You did a fine job Martin... as did all the Australian riders. (Be sure and mention you finishing place to Ian!! LOL)
So sorry about Olaf's attempt and hope it's not his last!

Great to meet you and hope to see you again.

Mike - S. Illinois - USA

Just found this thread. As always, it is a pleasure to ride in another country with your fellow country men, even if we don't actually see each other. I guess this will be the only way I ever represent Australia, but it is always a pleasure to do so in any of the rallies I ride.
As I was gutted for OX in '15 when he injured himself, so I was gutted for Olly when I talked to him at CP2. the dejection was palpable and Olly, I really felt for you.

Martin and Margaret, its always a pleasure to see you at a rally and I got a kick out of watching you walk up to recieve your plaques.

I dont know if I will write a ride report, all it consists of is a few constantly repeated phrases for 11 days consistent with with sucking it up and keep on riding. All i was focussed on was getting to each bonus time and again for 11 days.

Just found this thread. As always, it is a pleasure to ride in another country with your fellow country men, even if we don't actually see each other. I guess this will be the only way I ever represent Australia, but it is always a pleasure to do so in any of the rallies I ride.
As I was gutted for OX in '15 when he injured himself, so I was gutted for Olly when I talked to him at CP2. the dejection was palpable and Olly, I really felt for you.

Martin and Margaret, its always a pleasure to see you at a rally and I got a kick out of watching you walk up to recieve your plaques.

I dont know if I will write a ride report, all it consists of is a few constantly repeated phrases for 11 days consistent with with sucking it up and keep on riding. All i was focussed on was getting to each bonus time and again for 11 days.
Ya' just found this??

Where ya' been - Zambia or somewhere?? LOL!
Nice job on the rally my man. You, Mararet, Olaf and Martin did well. It's a tough event and to even compete says volumes about a rider!!

Mike

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi All ,
Just catching up with bits & bobs and managing to read through some of the posts while I was away in North America ...
I would like to say I'm honoured that you have mentioned me on the IBR in this section and thank everyone who sent messages and has helped over they years ...

Looking forward to sharing the road with some of you soon ....