Aussies @ IBR23 prep

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Bec's and I (Team Piwi) have entered IBR23 and our preparations are well underway. We will share our progress here, warts and all!

To get things started we have sold the 07R1200RT we completed IBR19 on and purchased a 2015 RT.

We were in the States in August this year to pick the bike up, get acquainted and just do some riding. Here's a photo of us leaving Pennsylvania on our way to Minnesota.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The practice continues....I rode a SS1600 (1,645kms) yesterday while collecting a few bonus points along the way. The route included the Putty Road, Thunderbolts and the Oxley Highway, just to spice things up a bit. Felt really good when I got in at night, thinking yep I can do this for 11 days. Next morning, reality check! More work required on my ride fitness! Here's a photo from the ride.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Recently fitted the final farkles to the RT here in Australia.
1) SA Eng mirror pods that clip to the screen, which being at eye height make them easier to use than the standard RT mirrors
2) Beadrider for the pillion seat
3) Tankbag, which is off my old 2010 R1200GSA and happens to fit perfectly to the RT. This will come with us to the States for the Rally.
4) Grip puppies, a minor item but a big improvement in comfort for me.

Pillion Piglet and I got out for a 550km loop in NSW yesterday to bed these in and they all get the thumbs up. Of note is how bad/dangerous the country roads are now.

Here are some photos of the final setup on the RT

The view from the cockpit

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I gave the R1200RT its first serious run yesterday (10 Dec 2022) with a 1,659km run up through Thunderbolts to Guyra and then back down the New England Highway to Newcastle then home to Canberra. Verdict is good, both for the bike and rider. :cool:

Full ride report to follow when I get some spare time over Christmas, but here are few photos from the ride.

Sunrise at Sydney Harbour after an uneventful ride in from Canberra. A perfect bonus photo?

Another favourite photo stop. Thunderbolts Way

On the way home listening to the tunes