AUSTRALIA - BMW F800GT **SOLD**

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Some of you may recognise this bike:

Purchased with a plan to fly it to the US as excess baggage for this year's Iron Butt Rally. Plans changed and I couldn't make the trip so now I'm selling this bike. This one was used for 3666km before I bought it as an evaluation bike by the Victorian Police and Ambos, but it didn't see active duty.(Odo 18043km now)
The above pic was taken on a Newcastle-> Perth-> Newcastle four day ride last December. Prior to that I rode a 3000km/36 hour Memorial Ride and a 1600km ride the day I bought it, just to see how it felt
. I can vouch for the little 800's ability to munch miles. Its a great light weight LD tourer that is about 90kg lighter than my FJR1300.

I hit a roo on the Perth ride and broke some plastic:

The bits have been replaced and there was no structural damage.

I have removed the large touring screen, but that is included in the sale of course plus the aluminium platform to allow either an aux or pelican case or 'normal' topbox if the radio box does not suit. The fuel cell and auxiliary lights are now fitted to other bikes so aren't included in the sale.

A few details:
2013 BMW F800GT-P (Authority model)
798cc parallel twin; 66kW, 86Nm
6 speed with belt drive

15 litre fuel tank, well over 300km range at highway speeds fully laden.
Comfort single seat
Heated grips
ABS
Electronic suspension adjustment.
Traction control
Trip computer.
'Police' radio box, panniers, crash bars, second (wired) battery and even a fire extinguisher.
Michelin PR4s fitted at 9500km.

Currently for sale on Gumtree for $9990, but I'd accept a $1000 less for an IBA numbered rider.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
It is hard to take a hit on fair market value with a trade-in; but at least you know for certain you will be riding away on a new bike Friday night. What are you getting?

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Well that's different! Didn't expect that. Hail New Motorcycles!
lol - right. I figure by the time I'm writing this - OX will have have already logged a a Saddlesore on the way home. Great bike - very smooth. By best friend has a Rune which soaks up the miles on straights. Nice pick-up; congratulations.