Auxiliary tank for voyager

STLJeep

Premier Member
Pay for the shipping and I'll give you the brackets. I'd rather have them on the road on another Voyager than sitting on a shelf in my garage. You'll still need a tank and pump but that's the easy part. I'll talk you through the plumbing.
Hi TdLpps, do you still have the brackets? If so, I'm interested. Also, if you have any pics/drawings of how you plumbed into the return line, it would be appreciated.

TdLpps

Premier Member
No. I gave the racks to another Voyager owner about a year ago. I can provide you with the info needed for the plumbing. The racks would not be too tough to duplicate. How are your cutting and welding skills?

STLJeep

Premier Member
No. I gave the racks to another Voyager owner about a year ago. I can provide you with the info needed for the plumbing. The racks would not be too tough to duplicate. How are your cutting and welding skills?
No worries...I figured it was worth the shot since I never saw a reply when Rodneyw71 was asking about it above.

While I don't have the skills, I have access to several friends in the area that do, so I'm covered there.

How did it feel with the tank mounted back there? These bikes are already pretty top heavy, so that has been my main concern about mounting there. I'm also considering going the taildragger route to help with that.

Either way, the plumbing info would be great. Thanks for responding!

TdLpps

Premier Member
The weight isn't noticeable. It's like riding with a small child on the passenger seat. If you have it fitted right it works nicely as a backrest and can make for more comfortable riding.

You're welcome to PM me with any specific questions. There're a couple ways to plumb the tank.