BaseCamp

Dann

So while I've come to terms with having to do all of this, what I hate about BC is that it's completely worthless to actually create a route from scratch without any saved or imported waypoints.
I create routes from scratch in BC all the time. You can create waypoints anytime you want very easily,
Of course, since I've been using BC for many years now I also have a bank of waypoints that I frequently use.

FJ2112

Premier Member
Basecamp has some very good features but is a royal PITA until one gets the hang of it. The key is to not set is aside completely between uses. My last rally was the first time I wasn’t almost starting from scratch when again using it.

Garmin updated the Mac version surprisingly. I haven’t tried the new update yet but my MacBook is letting me open the program now.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I create routes from scratch in BC all the time. You can create waypoints anytime you want very easily,
Of course, since I've been using BC for many years now I also have a bank of waypoints that I frequently use.
Yup.
Simply use the route tool and click where you want to go, then click the next point, and so on until you are done.

It helps to click that point a short ways into the road you want to take rather than an intersection as that will allow it to possibly take a different path than you intend. This uses no (saved or created) waypoints and makes a route easily.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It helps to click that point a short ways into the road you want to take rather than an intersection as that will allow it to possibly take a different path than you intend. This uses no (saved or created) waypoints and makes a route easily.

However, be careful placing a desired waypoint ON a road, especially if you are of the rally rider variety that uses "Whole Route" routing vs "Point-to-point" routing. I have lost bonus points doing this because my GPS did not see any need to advise me upon reaching the bonus. Apparently because there was no turn involved. I prevent that now by dropping the point somewhere off the road and by using Point-to-point routing.