BB1500 Instate Texas ???

Traxx

Premier Member
So, looking at going from Eastern Boarder to Western Boarder and Back for a total of about 1600 miles. I would like to roll out from the welcome center, is there a acceptable proof with dates and times that I can get from a travel center?

sector7g

Premier Member
I would assume that the ability to obtain a receipt with date and time would suffice, and (definitely if not a Premiere member) a witness wouldn't be a bad idea...

Traxx

Premier Member
You know I haven't thought of getting the attendant to witness. I just found the phone number and will call when they open at 8. Granted that puts a damper on my start time.

sector7g

Premier Member
Just outa curiosity, why not start at the earliest fuel/food/convenience store exit? I know Texas - and a lot of states - might not have that at the immediate state line, but you could adjust your route and turn-around on those. Thereby not be restricted by the open/close window.

Traxx

Premier Member
The welcome center at Waskom is the closest to the state line. Maybe its just me being nitpicking but I want to get as close to the boarder as I can. Waskom Chevron is just a couple of miles away but there is still that pesky witness.
Timing is important for me. I prefer to get rolling shortly after waking up, that way I am not wasting daylight.

kwthom

Rider
Premier Member
IBA Member

Traxx

Premier Member
It looks like there is a lot going on in Anthony, a few truck stops grouped together right at the boarder. Tried calling the welcome center, no go. Looks like something in Waskom.