BBG Number 65 Attempt Soon - 100,000+ Miles - DONE!

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I received notification that my recent BBG’s number 61, 62, 63 and 64 have been verified which gives me a total of 98,650 certified miles riding just BBG’s. I have many more miles with my other IBA rides but with just BBG's I am closing in on 100,000 miles.

So now I need to attempt one more BBG, number 65, to go over 100,000 miles.

I may have an opportunity to attempt a BBG this weekend to push me over the 100,000 mile mark.

Avi Azrieli

Premier Member
Congratulations, Greg! You're an inspiration to the LD community!
To those (few) who don't know Greg, I recommend visiting his incredible website for great advice and a wealth of LD experience: www.gregrice.com
Question to Greg: Since you have completed countless IBA rides on various motorcycles that are popular with LD riders, could you provide a comparison? And if you had to choose a new bike today, which one would you get?

JAORE

Premier Member
"Congratulations, Greg! You're an inspiration to the LD community!"

I agree (and I do read his site), but sometimes these heavy hitters makes me feel like a kid on a T-ball team watching Mickey Mantle.

(Yeah, I'm old. Yeah, I saw the Mick play in person.)

WY88

Premier Member
When was the 1st one? Incredible amount of time spent on road, congratulations. I listened to an interview you did and recall you said 100,000 miles of BBGs was your goal. Are you going to keep going?

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
When was the 1st one? Incredible amount of time spent on road, congratulations. I listened to an interview you did and recall you said 100,000 miles of BBGs was your goal. Are you going to keep going?
I rode my first BBG back in 2003 and then stopped while riding many other IBA rides.

I got back to riding BBG’s in 2007.

Well for the moment I see no reason not to keep riding BBG’s.

WOW. A BBG thru the deep south almost entirely on Interstates. Remarkable but I still say better you then me. Painfully boring topo except for NC and NE Georgia. Congratulations!!

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
WOW. A BBG thru the deep south almost entirely on Interstates. Remarkable but I still say better you then me. Painfully boring topo except for NC and NE Georgia. Congratulations!!
BBGs by thier very nature are rarely about the scenery and far more about interstates and the efficiency they offer.

1500 miles within 24 hours is hard enough on all interstates....

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
<...>1500 miles within 24 hours is hard enough on all interstates....
Imagine a BBG route where there's only ~180 miles of Interstate... ;)

My time on that route was within minutes of the only other BBG I've accomplished that was 100% Interstate highways.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Imagine a BBG route where there's only ~180 miles of Interstate... ;)

My time on that route was within minutes of the only other BBG I've accomplished that was 100% Interstate highways.
I'd love to ride one like that! But I think you know the point I was making.....

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This BBG included 200 miles of non interstate two lane roads and 50 miles of that 200 miles was twisties like the dragon.

Many of my 65 BBG’s had long stretches of two lane roads and mountain roads.

But to be sure I always have the best chance of success I plan around interstate roads as even though I have completed 65 BBG’s they are very difficult rides and planning for success is much better than not.