Becoming a member and submitting rides

Hello,
there are a few things about membership and rides I'm not sure.

Basically, if I need to subscribe somewhere before taking on the rides, or not.

Also under rides like 4 corners there is this:

These rides are only available to IBA members who have completed a certified SS1000/SS1600K.
Does it mean that if I take on the 4 corners without submitting an SS1000 first it won't be accepted?

Thanks

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hello,
there are a few things about membership and rides I'm not sure.

Basically, if I need to subscribe somewhere before taking on the rides, or not.

Also under rides like 4 corners there is this:

Does it mean that if I take on the 4 corners without submitting an SS1000 first it won't be accepted?

Thanks
There is nothing to subscribe to, so no.

We instituted a prerequisite ride rule because too many folks were attempting the more difficult rides as their first and ended up biting off more than they could chew. So complete a Saddlesore 1000 or Bun Burner 1500 first.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Thanks for the invitation but I have family in UK, so that's paradoxically closer :p
Which made me think... what if I take the ferry as part of the 1000 miles? XD

Jokes aside, even if I asked about the 4 corners, I was already not thinking to do it in favour of just an End to End, when I initially discovered the challenge I understood you had to start and finish at the same place visiting the 4 corners, but that's not really compatible with the 1600 miles, it's more 2000 considering I have to start and end in London.

But now I realised London-E2E-London is still 2000 miles... Although I could split it.

I'm not new to long journeys, usually in Southern Europe, although a little more relaxed.

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I understand, but we never know for sure where someone is asking about until we clarify things! Europeans have been know to wander the US now and again. :eek:

I know you were kidding, but just as an FYI, you can take all the Ferries you desire, but those miles don't count towards your goal on an IBA ride.

I hope you find a ride that interests you and give it a go.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I know you were kidding, but just as an FYI, you can take all the Ferries you desire, but those miles don't count towards your goal on an IBA ride.
The miles don't count, but the time on the ferry does.

Ira