Best Insurance and best recovery

Aitch

Recovery - best or best value? Autoaid will cover you (and your spouse) driving/riding any car/motorcycle (over 150cc) for just over £48 (downsides - does not include Europe and you pay for recovery with credit card then claim the money back but you do get it back within a week or so)

John ZRX

I've got a multibike policy through Bennetts (3 bikes) Zenith Insurance with protected no claims discount, plus their Ultimate Additional Cover package which includes RAC UK and European (each trip up to 90 days) breakdown recovery , legal expenses cover, personal accident cover and helmet and leathers cover. Moved to Bennetts last renewal when Carol Nash more than doubled their premium despite no incidents that year. Lots of small print in T & Cs for the various add-ons but I thought it was reasonable for a one stop deal and I liked that you can actually talk to a real person and haggle a bit. Will be interested to see what they are like when renewal comes round again.
I've also got Autoaid for my car, price as per Aitch above -not had to call on them so far. Martin Lewis's comparison website (www.moneysavingexpert.com) were doing a few extra months Autoaid cover for price of 12 as an introductory offer if arranged via their site, don't think it's still available but there is a link there to Compare Breakdown Cover which is offering a 17.5% discount if bought through them.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Insurance via Liverpool victoria got the car and bike with them which is the CSMA insurers not used them so far.
Recovery from Britannia also CSMA they sub the bike recovery to Motorcycle SOS used them twice last year with the final drive problems i had recovered home both times once from RTE at the Woodbridge inn June last year top class.

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Insurance via Liverpool victoria got the car and bike with them which is the CSMA insurers not used them so far.
Recovery from Britannia also CSMA they sub the bike recovery to Motorcycle SOS used them twice last year with the final drive problems i had recovered home both times once from RTE at the Woodbridge inn June last year top class.
Don't you have to be a Civil Servant to use CSMA - Cival Servants Motoring Assoiation?

Aitch

CSMA also open to ex-civil servants or any public sector workers including armed forces and also to friends or family of existing CSMA member.....

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
The cynic in me says all insurance companies are bastards and will deny liability as a standard starting position. You never really know what you bought until you have a claim.

I used to be price motivated but after a recent John Young recovery (first class service BTW) I am now in dispute! My RecoverCover breakdown insurance was worse than useless.

My recovery is now with Green Flag.

My insurance is brokered through IAM Surety in Belfast as I have Business Class1. But I have the annual dance around. This year my renewal quote was £370, ended up at £260 with price matching.

My advice is stick with a recognised brand and never ever accept the opening price always haggle using comparison site pricing information as your cudgel.

Love, light, and kindness

Dave