Big as Texas, SS1000 and BBG1500

Texasrider13

IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Hey everyone,
As most of you know this fall there will be some big doings down in Texas. Yes, I’m talking about the Senior Butt/Junior Butt, Ride Around Texas with Rewind. There are also two other events, the Big As Texas SS1000 and BBG1500. So, if you aren’t already riding one of the other events you want to check out these two rides. You will get your certificate Saturday afternoon, no waiting. Then you can attend Saturday night’s finishers banquet with all its fun and fireworks.
The SS1000 theme is Bonnie and Clyde. See where this historic duo committed some of their crimes (two murder locations) and also spent time behind bars. Who doesn’t want that rally flag. For the BBG riders we have something special. Visit cities in Texas that were mentioned in popular songs. Such as Amarillo, Galveston and Luckenbach. You will visit “Record Stores”, yes the kind that still sells vinyl records. So signup, see Texas as you have never seen it before. I will be happy to answer any questions. Let’s Ride!
Danny Dossman

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Though it's not a town... No Frio River Where I learned to swim? I absolutely LOVE riding in Texas! Thanks for these great rides in Texas Danny!

Texasrider13

IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It is a designed route where all riders will ride the same route. Most will ride it alone or in small groups. It’s fairly easy to find a riding partner if that’s your preference.

Glad you are signed up and I’m looking forward to meeting you at the BAT.

DANNY

craydds

Premier Member
It is a designed route where all riders will ride the same route. Most will ride it alone or in small groups. It’s fairly easy to find a riding partner if that’s your preference.

Glad you are signed up and I’m looking forward to meeting you at the BAT.

DANNY
Might be a lot more fun to ride with a small group than to go it alone. Especially if it's with some good ol' Texas boys that know the roads.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
It is a designed route where all riders will ride the same route.
To clarify, for either of the BAT rides, SS-1000 or BB-1500, there is no designated or mandatory route. Ride instructions provide a list of required stops at locations that reflect the ride's theme. To be a successful ride finisher, a rider must visit & photograph all of the required locations in the order listed and ride more than the minimum miles in less than the maximum time.
On Friday, riders will be released to start a ride at a common time, and they will have a common finish deadline. A rider's photos & miles will be verified by staff at the host hotel on Saturday.
We have chosen stop locations and ordering to assure a ride's minimum distance. Ride instructions include a Google Maps overview, using default values, to connect the stop locations in order; however, the rider is responsible for determining a route.
. . . Dave

craydds

Premier Member
To clarify, for either of the BAT rides, SS-1000 or BB-1500, there is no designated or mandatory route. Ride instructions provide a list of required stops at locations that reflect the ride's theme...
We have chosen stop locations and ordering to assure a ride's minimum distance. Ride instructions include a Google Maps overview, using default values, to connect the stop locations in order; however, the rider is responsible for determining a route.
. . . Dave
Hey Dave, this will be a new experience for me. Would it be a good strategy to enter each stop in my Garmin (or Rever, etc.) as a waypoint? Then ride to each destination in the required sequence?

Russ Black

Premier Member
That will work. It all depends on how comfortable/knowledgable you are with your GPS and it's capabilities. Unless you have a really old GPS you should be able to enter each of the locations as waypoints in your Garmin and then make a trip/route that will include them all in the order you need to visit them.

I would suggest entering them into Basecamp. Make the route/trip and transfer it to your Garmin. IMHO it is faster, visual and more accurate.

craydds

Premier Member
That will work. It all depends on how comfortable/knowledgable you are with your GPS and it's capabilities. Unless you have a really old GPS you should be able to enter each of the locations as waypoints in your Garmin and then make a trip/route that will include them all in the order you need to visit them.

I would suggest entering them into Basecamp. Make the route/trip and transfer it to your Garmin. IMHO it is faster, visual and more accurate.
I am learning how to use Basecamp. Found some good youtube videos on creating waypoints/routes in Rever, importing them to Basecamp, then transferring to my Garmin Nav VI. Seems straightforward.