Big Tip Road Trip Ride - December 17th

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You’ll see a ride on the IBA Rides Of The Month page for December 17th.

Some background on the Big Tip Road Trip if you are not aware:

The annual Big Tip Road Trip began in December 2022 by Ride To Eat Across The USA (RTE-X-USA) creator and Iron Butt Rally and Hoka Hey finisher Eric Buskell to support restaurant servers and staff over the Holidays.

Eric got the idea from Iron Butt Rally and Hoka Hey finisher Kevin 'BAM' Baker, which BAM called it 'The $50 Breakfast'. BAM would gather-up friends, they'd all pitch-in $50 each, head to a breakfast location and surprise the server with something like this: "We've all pitched in $50 each for you for our breakfast. Catch is, you pay our bill and keep what remains as your tip. You good?" Hard to turn down an offer like that and often their tip topped $500. Nice holiday gift!!!

When Eric ran the RTE-X-USA version by BAM, BAM thought it was a great idea. BAM said "The more service staff that benefit from the idea the better." With BAM’s blessinig, Eric initiated the plan for the annual December 17th ride theme, this it’s 2nd year.

Just received my Big Tip Road Trip stickers today and planning my ride and thinking Eric, many are glad like I am that you two made BAM’s ‘$50 Breakfast’ into a forever Holiday Season Ride … the Big Tip Road Trip - that bigger than life guy… BAM remains with us!