Bit of a tumble

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Simple!
Hit by karma: he commented on the other rider's approach - and "Oops!" - in his own words , he went down the next second. Never comment on how other ride their bikes!

Oh no! Now I did just the very same thing...

Still - got to love the mellow humming of the triple.
So relaxed, so confident, so sure that nothing can stop it...

Hanpe

Or panniers! LOL

Trust all is well with you though Rick and you are okay.

My first.thought was it was your approach to the bend before that caused your grief...you putting the action into the bike rather than your bike giving you the action. Might review the video with sound next.and have a completely different opinion.

So apart.from you have done the same bend numerous times before Rick what are your thoughts now? And well done fella for posting this, we can all learn.

STOP PRESS! "Snowman succumbs to sunny spring day!"

Be lucky, Iain.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ha ha ha - I thought this was a random clip you found on YT and just posted here.
Now I see that Rick is Rick is Rick...

Why is there no "foot in mouth-smiley" here...?
Sure could have needed one right now.

Anyway, thank heaven that you are okay, and the bike relatively so too.
That could have been a left hand turn instead, and any old Land Rover could have...

Love the sound of the triple, anyway.

Hampe

Simple!
Hit by karma: he commented on the other rider's approach - and "Oops!" - in his own words , he went down the next second. Never comment on how other ride their bikes!

Oh no! Now I did just the very same thing...

Still - got to love the mellow humming of the triple.
So relaxed, so confident, so sure that nothing can stop it...

Hanpe

The reason for comments on the rider in front is because l was mentoring him/ observing in my role of observer for the IAM.
I think l was just unlucky and hit a slippery part of the road, lots of mud on the road previous.
After picking the bike up l carried on with the lesson for another 2 hours, and took another one out on Sunday morning.

I think my riding enduros for 6 years helped in my safe off, first the front went then the back slid out once l knew the bike was safely laid down l let go the handle bars and we parted company. It all seemed to happen in slow motion.

It happened with no warning at all, the roads were slightly damp and it was about 09.20. It was raining after the next 3 miles we done

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
A salutary lesson in how it can all go wrong in a moment. As you said, the front just didn't find enough purchase on the cold, greasy road - could have happened to anyone. Good that both you and the bike are okay.

Regards,
Martin

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Wow Rick. These always make me cringe as you know something bad is going to happen but don't know when. As you said in your commentary your front rider was between the centre of the lane and the white lines which was too close for a right bend, but his grip was OK and he got round without any drama (or twat in a car just over the white line coming the other way). You looked to be in the middle/to the left of the lane so must have hit something like some old diesel as it looked like you were going less than 45 mph. The surface in the centre of the lane looked a bit rough but this shouldn't have been the cause.

Good job it wasn't Roberto during a Rally you were behind ;) :eek: :p

Mark. Seriously? Has anyone ever been able to catch Roberto for long enough to be considered to be "behind him" on a rally? I think not. Oh, you are not suggesting he wouldn't hang around to offer assistance are you? LOL

Be lucky, Iain

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
My thoughts exactly; I'd have been more concerned had it been Roberto on the bike behind Rick. "Oh, what was that bump? Oh well, I'm still on schedule..."

Regards,
Martin