BMR?

BMR is an excellent event with some of the best people you will ever meet. First class rally/grand tour.

But really.....a thousand points?.......now that's just silly!

Becca

Premier Member
BMR is an excellent event with some of the best people you will ever meet. First class rally/grand tour.

But really.....a thousand points?.......now that's just silly!
Sing with me:

;)

Teasing, of course, these could also be overworked peeps who take every spare minute of every day to hunt down bonuses. Who knows! Hubby and I hope to dip our toes in the BMR waters next year and strive to finish. :0)

Last edited:

gorogergo

Premier Member
Hubby and I hope to dip our toes in the BMR waters next year and strive to finish
Do it! I'm a 2 time finisher, 2 other times I've started but had life interrupt. With this format you can ride your own style of rally and still be part of the fun. It was a great starter rally for me. Fantastic people with awesome bonus locations.
I've finished a few ongoing projects and I'm hoping to make more time for the BMR this year, maybe I'll see you out there.

Sing with me:

;)

Teasing, of course, these could also be overworked peeps who take every spare minute of every day to hunt down bonuses. Who knows! Hubby and I hope to dip our toes in the BMR waters next year and strive to finish. :0)
Im sure you will have no regrets. RenoJohn and the gang put on a first rate event.Good luck to you.

Irishphil:)

advbadger

Premier Member
The BMR was so much fun and an incredible and interesting series of fun rides for me. I found things close by that I had never thought to go see before. One fantastic "Double Bubble" day spent chasing bonuses had me cross paths twice with John and Nadine Huval. Can't recommend the BMR enough !!! Truly a rally that has something for everyone!! Thanks to all the BMR Staff, Riders, and Fans

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
Those of us in the north can't really do it until maybe March, I ride almost all yr, but just to work, I don't know about chasing bonuses.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
We were lucky in New England last year, I was out at midnight on Jan 1 and hit 'finisher' by Jan 31st. Rolling through New Hampshire & VT in January on bone-dry roads was awesome. Met Eric Bray at a diner early for a "CB" bonus in CT at a diner that wouldn't open for another hour after the bonus window closed, hovering around 18-20 degrees ... just good plain fun. I'm in again this year.
:)

Ignacio

IBR Finisher
I have been on the bmr site, when will they have sign up, also where is the bonus list, want to see if there's any in Indiana.
They start January 1 of each year so this year's BMR is over. You can look at past BMRs as indicators (yes, they have lots of bonuses ALL OVER THE COUNTRY) at the website by going to the Groovy tab and seeing the list. For example, http://bigmoneyrally.com/2015/

Those of us in the north can't really do it until maybe March, I ride almost all yr, but just to work, I don't know about chasing bonuses.
I'm at 47 north latitude and found riding with electrics starting on January 1 of most year...and bouncing along the border of Canada before the month was out between snow storms. While you can wait until March it's not like you have to wait until March.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
want to see if there's any in Indiana.
The primary bonii in past events were "word match" where you simply need to match a word or key phrase - so it can apply almost everywhere. An example would be finding the Word of the Day on permanent signage and snapping your pic with rally placard and moto in the pic. So if "Hair" was the word for the day, you simply need to find a sign with "hair" on it where you can park and snap a pic.
Last year they introduced a time-driven element in a "word of the hour" where a specific hour of each day contained a specific bonus word match, so grabbing a word of day and word of hour was do-able for many and worth much more points per trip.
Then there are "themes" that generally cross the country. Zip Codes/Post Offices was a big one last year and that meant every rider had the same opportunity to acquire plenty of bonuses. There were many bonus codes related to meeting other riders too, though thats where it can get tough for some of us - but the site operates a sort of message opportunity so you can interact with other riders real time.

The rally 'book' is huge, as it covers a lot of opportunity and bonus potential, you print it out once it is released. Big Dogs likely plan their trips out skillfully - I simply leveraged it as motivation to get out and see some cool things and have fun.

Paul Knight

Premier Member
The primary bonii in past events were "word match" where you simply need to match a word or key phrase - so it can apply almost everywhere. An example would be finding the Word of the Day on permanent signage and snapping your pic with rally placard and moto in the pic. So if "Hair" was the word for the day, you simply need to find a sign with "hair" on it where you can park and snap a pic.
Last year they introduced a time-driven element in a "word of the hour" where a specific hour of each day contained a specific bonus word match, so grabbing a word of day and word of hour was do-able for many and worth much more points per trip.
Then there are "themes" that generally cross the country. Zip Codes/Post Offices was a big one last year and that meant every rider had the same opportunity to acquire plenty of bonuses. There were many bonus codes related to meeting other riders too, though thats where it can get tough for some of us - but the site operates a sort of message opportunity so you can interact with other riders real time.

The rally 'book' is huge, as it covers a lot of opportunity and bonus potential, you print it out once it is released. Big Dogs likely plan their trips out skillfully - I simply leveraged it as motivation to get out and see some cool things and have fun.

As a Scout and a Scorer for the BMR rally I enjoy trying to found nice places for riders to ride and have seen rider submissions that match the "route" I wanted to take them on. often they respond how they enjoyed exploring new areas. BMR ROCKS!

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I'm signed up for the 2017 BMR, just waiting for an email confirmation, I seen the practice bonuses on the bmr site, just wanted to get started early so I'm not struggling when it starts.

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
Got the email that confirmed my registration, but I don't know what to do from there, I know there is an app, but it says 2016.

nlefcourt

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Got the email that confirmed my registration, but I don't know what to do from there, I know there is an app, but it says 2016.
The 2016 app will work just fine. Set it up with the supersecret email address John sends you and try it out. If you don't get info after you sign up, email the rallymaster. He's a little busy putting the bonus pack together!