Brit Butt Light Rally 2021

Damn... I thought they were supposed to be fun!

She enjoys the bike as much as I do, but she cannot do the mileage now. Bad hips. Probably from riding pillion on a ZX10 riding from Alicante to Shrewsbury in 48 hours. The GS is a far more comfortable ride.
They are of course ;)

Yeah, the GS would be the better option for a pillion

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's looking like it will be very hot out tomorrow.

Wear your protective clothes but open the vents.

It will be essential to keep hydrated.

Carry a drink and if your lips start to feel dry take a sip.

Stay safe.

Have a good day.

Finally got 10 minutes to catch my breath so thought I'd give you a quick update - there's been constant emails coming in to me since 7.30!

We have sadly had 6 riders not start, and we've had 1 terminal breakdown so there are 38 riders out there getting very, very hot.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Finally got 10 minutes to catch my breath so thought I'd give you a quick update - there's been constant emails coming in to me since 7.30!

We have sadly had 6 riders not start, and we've had 1 terminal breakdown so there are 38 riders out there getting very, very hot.
The live scoring and automatic spreadsheet entry is working well then?

The live scoring and automatic spreadsheet entry is working well then?
It's hard work for 1 person when you get over 100 emails in half an hour :eek: But I'm up to date now and it seems to be behaving.

It would work even better though if everyone did what they were meant to according to the instructions in the Rally Book :p

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I thought the system read the data from the email automatically and entered it into the spreadsheet. Reducing human involvement in the scoring system?

I thought the system read the data from the email automatically and entered it into the spreadsheet. Reducing human involvement in the scoring system?
No, its copied and pasted manually from the email, which invariably I had to amend as it wasn't correct - if it was automatic it wouldn't have worked, or rather pretty much everyone would be DNF :p

Scores have been emailed out for everyone to check. Results will be out in the morning cos 15 hours sat in front of this pc is enough - I need to rest my eyes

Thank you so much to all the riders for their efforts yesterday, it can't have been easy at all in the heat. This is the last time I will be wearing the Rallymaster Hat (and Cape of Stress) so I do appreciate everyones support.

So here are the results for the Finishers of the Rally, in traditional order they are in descending order...

BBLResults-to5.jpg

So, to the podium places:

BBLResults-top3.jpg

We have a tie for third place! In second place is our Top Rookie, and our Winner retains his title for another year.

Congratulations to all for finishing! And especially to Julie, Ian, John and Simon for their podium trophy-winning finish, and again to John for winning free entry in to the Brit Butt Rally as our Top Rookie.

Next year the Brit Butt Light will return to Stoke under the guidance of Rick Allies.