Brit Butt Light VIII - 2016 - Dragonchaser - 23rd July 2016

Rick UK

Brit Butt Light Rally Master
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi All,

Entries are now OPEN for Brit Butt Light VIII - Dragonchaser!

For those not in the know, this is a 12 hour photo treasure hunt, starting and finishing in Stoke-on-Trent (easily accessible from the whole of the UK, as it's in the middle :) ).

If you are thinking of dipping your toe in the water of long-distance rallying, or moving up from the ICENII Rally, this is the one for you. It's also a good field for those wishing to hone their rally skills, and something to keep you occupied between the Brit Butt Rally, the ICENII rally, and the European Tour.

Brit Butt Light 2016 takes place on Saturday 23rd July 2016, with an 8.00am start. Riders meeting will be at 7.45am, where important information will be disseminated :D

You can find the entry form on the Rally webpage or go to www.britbuttlight.co.uk

Cheers

Rick

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
No? Isn't the rally held in...er...Britain?:D:D:D
Ah, but if you already live in Britain you'll only be going to an island if you leave the one you're on :p i.e. leaving Belgium to enter Britain to take part in a rally ;)

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
That's 5 signed up so far - the Pres, 4 vets, and a rookie.
Plenty of room for more, and it's going to be a good one. Just working out which island to include as a compulsory bonus :)
Rick

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
And then there were 8!
Looks to be an interesting field, with a wide range of experience, from complete rookie to IBR vet.
Keep them coming :)

Rick

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
What's the hotel recommendation Rick?
Premier Inn, Hanley - has a Brewers Fayre attached....bit better than the Taybarns at Talke.
Choice 2 is Premier Inn, Talke.
Choice 3 is Travelodge, Newcastle-under-Lyme.

I'll let everyone know via email in a day or 3.

Rick

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
OK - all entrants so far should have received a welcome e-mail, and a second e-mail with details of the 3 hotels.
If you feel the order needs changing, feel free to argue it out on here :)

Rick

Probably one of the Premier Inns Bez, but the cheap rates aren't available yet so will sort it out later - will give you a heads up though

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
Entries seem on hold at 10.
Would be nice to see a few more, so would those entered consider encouraging a friend along? If nothing else it will allow someone to confirm your tall tales. ;)
I'm planning to circulate a flyer to those entered - ask nicely to put it up in your local bike shop, or wave it around at a club meet.
If anyone not entered is willing to print and circulate a few flyers, please PM me with an e-mail address.

Oh yes, nearly forgot to say the bonuses are falling into place nicely, at least from my POV :)

Cheers
Rick